The Long Shot Thread

Redcar 2.15 Lady Calcaria 33/1 minimum e/way - caught the eye l/t/o flying at the finish. Was very green and has a high knee action - soft ground and extra furlong should suit today.

Fourth 33/1. Did anyone manage to get the 4th place with any bookie? If so well done and it's still a good shout for its price.

Ascot 4.30 Hathal 25/1 - In the money in 4 group 2 races last year - handles Ascot and soft ground - last 9 runs have been in Listed, G3, G2 & G1 - owned by the sponsors maybe a possible plot-up?

Ascot 4.30 Hathal 25/1 - In the money in 4 group 2 races last year - handles Ascot and soft ground - last 9 runs have been in Listed, G3, G2 & G1 - owned by the sponsors maybe a possible plot-up?

Now I'm swithering.

From my preview:

Jamie Spencer, who is Osborne’s usual go-to job-jockey, takes the ride on stablemate Hathal who may well be a very dark prospect. I would be interested to know why the Al Shaqab operation transferred him away from Haggas but it looks like they haven’t obliged any of their usual riders to take the mount so maybe he is just a social runner.

Stratford 3.00 Presenting Streak 25/1 - 7 runs at the course and always in the money with 2 wins - 2 seconds -2 thirds and a 4th - had neary 2 years off through injury but showed signs of a revival on penultimate start. Unfortunately fell at the first l/t/o but worth a small e/way on his course form and may be well h'capped?

I really thought we had it with Escobar there, Outsider.

I wonder if he might have won if he'd got through sooner after being stopped more than once but the winner was going away late in the day.

I really thought we had it with Escobar there, Outsider.

I wonder if he might have won if he'd got through sooner after being stopped more than once but the winner was going away late in the day.

Happy with those two,but i wish i had waited for this morning and got 66s like you.i did go back in at 25s 9 places.
And i backed sharja bridge as well.but escobar would have been better.
The winner weaved his way through and was definitely the best horse.
Nice returns for both of us,well done.

Yourarseisonfire 345gp 33/1 i thought he ran better last time and if he comes back to form then he is very well hcapped.14/1 with bet 365

Widnes 330y 25/1 ran on well last time.
Gracious george 610k 25/1 a bit one paced and i think he might need 10f.
And a real longshot 50pew
Chandrayaan 640k 100/1 11yr old ridden by a 7lb claimer (girl)
Done another couple but they are only 16s.

Carlisle 1.55 Tanrundy 22/1 - raced 3 times in point-to points against 3 different horses considered to above average and ran well in all, improving his times in each. May be interesting in what looks an average race.

Sothwell 5.10 Voila Eric 40/1 - Finished 2 nd in a point-to-point 2L behind Report To Base (139 sadly killed at the festival this year) 25L back in 3rd was Brave Eagle (144) The selection came out in a NHF race l/t/o not unfancied but was tailed off. Too early imo to write him off, if trainer has sorted out his problems he may surprise?

Sothwell 5.10 Voila Eric 40/1 - Finished 2 nd in a point-to-point 2L behind Report To Base (139 sadly killed at the festival this year) 25L back in 3rd was Brave Eagle (144) The selection came out in a NHF race l/t/o not unfancied but was tailed off. Too early imo to write him off, if trainer has sorted out his problems he may surprise?

Well done Chef, great call

Chelmsford 7.15 Orsera 33/1 - price looks too big considering a decent run at Newmarket l/t/o and her penultimate run was at this track in a race 3 grades higher than tonight.

Well done chef

Back