The Long Shot Thread

Great shout it really was, thanks Edgt. That has to be 'long shot' of the long shot thread. :)

Last edited:
Paved Paradise Dundalk 7.30 .33/1 ew
Ran very well in a maiden behind Lost Treasure at The Curragh the day most of you were watching Pope Francis trying to defy a penalty at Phoenix Park
First handicap off 50 which looks generous and well drawn in 4.

Strewth! There's so many winners being posted I just can't keep up.

Apologies everyone else, this one tops 'em all

Ran very well in a maiden behind Lost Treasure at The Curragh the day most of you were watching Pope Francis trying to defy a penalty at Phoenix Park

Wow, incredible! Well Done Edgt!
Missed it but thats not a hats off shout, it’s run down the road naked quality.

Ascot 1.15 Corzeam 33/1 Has been a complete monkey refusing to start and pulling hard but if trainer has got him to settle he showed enough l/t/o that he may have a race in him.

Tomorrow one of my favourite losers runs in the 1250N.
taexali
This horse won a weak maiden at brighton on its 2nd start at 8/11 and hasnt won since.after going to meydan he was given a hcap mark of 94 and fot the last 2 yrrs its hardly moved.
The horse always tries and thats the problem.
But finally the hcapper has relented and tomorrow hes down to 79.
Colin Keane rides and although he might need the run i cant resist at 33/1

:adore: Missed it as well but brilliant call edgt.

I honestly never heard Newcross mentioned in The Irish Cesarewitch. He was in an awkward position in mid division throughout, hence it was only until I glanced through Newcross's form recently, that I saw he actually finished seventh, in a twenty + runner field. So it wasn't a bad run by any means given I don't think that was his day. There is also always a possibility he could go hurdling in the hands of such a good dual purpose trainer like Tony Martin, but **** it, I will have a small sporting bet on him.

I am not fantasising either, when I say to watch the betting market, as we have all seen Tony Martin lay one out good style before. He is top price 20's now we shall see what price by off time tomorrow. I hope forum member Fonz, takes note as Fonz said he put him in his tracker, so maybe he will follow me tomorrow.

If Fonz is reading in, I hope your well old boy. Long time no hear. I need to boost the tank ahead of a possible assault on Tuesday night in the Melbourne Cup on Marmelo. This losing run on my own selections is starting to get annoying. I am losing the faith.

Last edited:
To be frank, given Eddystone Rocks recent form he should be 66/1. I cannot see how he wins this, but you never know I guess. I'd definately take 13/8 in a matchbet that Newcross finishes in front of old Eddystone Rock anyway :), (famous last words)!

Last edited:
To be frank, given Eddystone Rocks recent form he should be 66/1. I cannot see how he wins this, but you never know I guess. I'd definately take 13/8 in a matchbet that Newcross finishes in front of old Eddystone Rock anyway :), (famous last words)!

You are probably right.i will probably do newcross as well if it gets in.
I backed golden spear last time and did his stablemate today,that hurt.
If golden spear is taken out you only need one more.

Fair play to Uradel backers. He is a worthy favourite. Newcross is in anyway. Definitely taking the 25's each way.

Great each way shout, hope you got.five places mate. There is something wrong with Newcross (7th again!). I don't just think it's that he is slow! Hopefully see him over hurdles before too long.

Last edited:
Melbourne Cup - I've taken 66/1 ew (7 places) Nakeeta for a saver. That price is a bit of an insult. I thought he'd be around 20/1.

A lot of pundits in Australia seem to be mentioning Zakarda because of the torrential rain; 150/1 I think [just going to check]. Can't see it myself but can't ignore it either. Bit worried about the race, though, given that conditions seem to be so bad.

Back