The Long Shot Thread

Well done winners on Ch’tibello. He’s clearly a plot trainer, no problem with that but for his brother to say ‘master trainer’ is a bit much! :lol:

Dan Skelton saying that he wasnt off (effectively) for 15 months. Well suspected by many on here.

BHA saying that riding out for third Jerrysback in the 4m was bringing the game into disrepute.

Grand Annual

In the same race both Croco Bay (66/1) and All Set To Go (80/1) shouldn't be those prices on their best form. CB has looked on the way back this season and ASTG is potentially well in on his old hurdles form now that he's finding his feet over fences.

I'll take that... :)

Last edited:
Grand Annual - Theflyingportrait 50/1 - I'd planned to make this my main bet in the race, expecting it to be about 16/1 but it looks ignored by the bookies but my figures give it every chance of being in the shake-up so at the price it's impossible to pass up.

In the same race both Croco Bay (66/1) and All Set To Go (80/1) shouldn't be those prices on their best form. CB has looked on the way back this season and ASTG is potentially well in on his old hurdles form now that he's finding his feet over fences.

Hope you backed Croco DO. Bloody 12 yr old.

Mate tipped up Spenny's Lass in the 5.20 at Chelmsford. 50s last night and absolutely mugged on the line by the fav. Gutted.

And top work with Croco Bay - what a game horse.

Last edited:
Uttoxeter 3:00 Forecast, (Win and E/W).

I like his form behind Paisley Park at Aintree last October, albeit when receiving plenty of weight. Overall the tongue tie seems to work. He was off the track for a while, but this season he's a been much improved horse after a wind operation. The extra distance can get more improvement out of him. Were he trained by a Paul Nicholls or Nicky Henderson, he'd be half the price or less. 20/1 is overpriced.

Last edited:
Some decent ew bets in this.
POTTERS CORNER 20/1 is my main bet,but needs a clear round,something he seems to find hard.
FINAL NUDGE 40/1 is surely too big.
REGAL FLOW 40/1 won last year and is only 2lb higher but hasnt shown anything this time.

Midlands National - Prime Venture

Yes, I'm on Prime Venture too (got 22/1, blue, so presume it had been longer).

In the same race, I've also taken some beer money on Jetstream Jack 130/1 boosted (5pl - Hills will go 7 pl but only 66/1) - probably a better chance of winning at Crufts but he ran A Toi Phil to seven lengths in the G2 Florida Pearl Punchestown Novice Chase back in the day and ran well in a Grade B €50k handicap chase off 140 (approx 146 over here). Gordon Elliot got rid of him lst year and Ollie Murphy chased him after just two awful runs. Maybe the quieter surroundings of Sophie Leech’s place will spark some enthusiasm and off 128 with highly-touted Brace making the 9-7 he might think he’s running loose.

Last edited:
Kempton 2.05 Knockmaole Boy 40/1 - looks overpriced 10lbs lower than his hurdle mark and a solid run l/t/o - wouldn't be a surprise if he ran well.

Grand Annual - Theflyingportrait 50/1 - I'd planned to make this my main bet in the race, expecting it to be about 16/1 but it looks ignored by the bookies but my figures give it every chance of being in the shake-up so at the price it's impossible to pass up.

Needless to say I wasn't best pleased to see Croco Bay do what he did [emoji34]
79b0459455f2fd416078808d9e65899f.jpg

Some decent ew bets in this.
POTTERS CORNER 20/1 is my main bet,but needs a clear round,something he seems to find hard.
FINAL NUDGE 40/1 is surely too big.
REGAL FLOW 40/1 won last year and is only 2lb higher but hasnt shown anything this time.

Potters Corner thank you very much. I hope you got my Private message as well.

Back