The Next President?

He suffered injuries to his arms and shoulders in Vietnam; initially from when his plane crashed and then exacerbated by the lack of treatment and torture he received from his captors. He's unable to lift his arms above shoulder level as a result.

The next President?

I couldn't have any confidence in either man, or their teams. We're seeing the ugly face of 'democracy' -- much the same as in the UK: appealing to an ill-informed electorate via their pockets & prejudices is just the recipe old Socrates observed in action .....

To misquote Tiny Tim or Dickens: God save us, every one!

Rasmussen: Obama 51 McCain 45 = Obama +6 (down from +8)

Gallup: Obama 52 McCain 41 = Obama +11 (!) (up from +9)

Those are for the last three days; almost entirely done before last night's debate.

I thought Obama was quite inspiring. I was impressed with his argument that if you earn less than 200K a year you`ll have tax cuts, but If you earn more than a quarter million (5% of Americans or thereabouts) you`ll have to pay. This is the sort of thing we need from our politicians. Very few people who earn six figure salaries deserve the money they`re on and they should be taxed heavily on it.

Also, McCain whilst doddery and weird looking doesn`t appear to be a retard or a crook - so he`s proper fecked as Republicans only get in the White House if they`re one or the other (at least post Eisenhower)

When not engaging in outright lies, the message from the Republicans is that "now is not a time for taking risks." In other words, McCain is the safe pair of hands and Obama is an unknown quantity.

So stick with a doddery and impulsive maverick, with a notorious bad temper, with back up from a woefully out of her depth bible basher.

I don´t think even an Al-Qaeda spectacular can save McCain now and reckon a landslide is on the way.

BTW, if anyone thinks that:

a) America simply will not elect a black President, or
b) The polls that are putting Obama in the lead are inflated by the Bradley effect, or
c) McCain has a devastating October surprise ready to go, or
d) The race will naturally tighten up again as we get closer to the election day

then I'll just point out that McCain is 7/2 to win on Betfair.

I'll add e) McCains relentless negative advertising will work and point out that McCain is now almost 5/1 on Betfair.

No, but countering that is a complete lack of faith in the US electorate!

On the betting front, history shows that presidential races almost always tighten up as they get closer so there's a possible trading opportunity.

McCain seems to be blowing it. Mentally (and based on nothing more than opinion) I have always thought to myself that Obama needed 10% in the polls to guarantee success. He's approaching that now.

Guys, I just dip in and out of this one so forgive me if any of my gut feelings seem off beat.

The labelling of Obama by McCains campaign as a quasi terrorist is despicable and if he makes it to the whitehouse I hope he takes them to the cleaners.

McCain seems a bitter old man and doesn't have the class to be President.

If Obama reaches the 10% advantage in the polls I think it will snowball in his favour.

Can you imagine that mad woman negotiating foreign policy !!!

On an unrelated topic, the chap who has been given the job of sorting out the American Banks is a fella called Kashkari.A middle eastern looking gentleman .If he tried to get on a plane with a back pack they'd jump him.
I thought that was ironic

McCain looks desperate and has lost the election, but one thing has to be said Obama looks a danger to the world.

The labelling of Obama by McCains campaign as a quasi terrorist is despicable.

Correct. When Sarah Palin - who has not given one single press conference since being nominated - says:

"Are Americans having an opportunity to ask all the questions and are we receiving straight answers from our opponent?"

You've got to wonder what kind of mental illness she's suffering from.

Correct. When Sarah Palin - who has not given one single press conference since being nominated - says:

You've got to wonder what kind of mental illness she's suffering from.

Agreed Gareth.

If she wasn't such a knocking, Grade 'A' MILF, I'd be even more aghast.

Back