The Oaks 2012

I liked the way she quickened on the soft going. How she'll handle better going is the question. She's guaranteed to stay the trip.

Pictures of Maybe working today all over Twitter. The lead horse is the 90 rated Frontier who had Light Heavy a neck back in 2nd on his last start. By all accounts she worked all over him.

The Fugue will surely go right into the mix at the top of the market after that. Lovely lovely performance in the Musidora.

Oaks shaping a very good race

Kissed did well at Navan
yesterday the aga khan fillie looked good
today The Fugue quite impressive
Kailani in the Pretty Polly looked good

good edition

Would be the Aga Khan's filly Dalkala for me at this stage if I knew she was a guaranteed runner.

Very impressed by her turn of foot yesterday and she showed the same turn of foot at Longchamp on her previous start - shaping up into a cracking race though if all the principles turn up :)

Martin

Was just thinking the same Suny.

Which reminds me, Was runs tonight at Naas.

Yes Was should win (even though O'Brien reckons she'll need the race) as she is already earmarked for the Oaks ahead of Twirl, which was a pointer to The Fugue not being up against the best Ballydoyle have to throw at the race today.

Last edited:
The market is saying "no" at the moment for Was tonight Steve - all the money has been for the Weld horse and Was is 5/4 out to 3's on Betfair.

Martin

Having missed the 14/1 about Vow after her Lingfield win I have made my first jump into the Oaks antepost market with Paddy Power's generous 6/1 about The Fugue. I am happy to oppose the various APOB fillies at the moment but am keen to add the Haggas inmate when the time is right. Livid I missed the 14s because I wasn't on my computer at the time. :rolleyes:

Having missed the 14/1 about Vow after her Lingfield win I have made my first jump into the Oaks antepost market with Paddy Power's generous 6/1 about The Fugue. I am happy to oppose the various APOB fillies at the moment but am keen to add the Haggas inmate when the time is right. Livid I missed the 14s because I wasn't on my computer at the time. :rolleyes:

I can't see O'Brien missing the Oaks this year, but if you have to oppose Ballydoyle there is a lot to like about The Fugue. She's in plenty of my TTF lists and if I had the chance would be in more.

The market is saying "no" at the moment for Was tonight Steve - all the money has been for the Weld horse and Was is 5/4 out to 3's on Betfair.

Martin

Perhaps she really does need the run then. Nevertheless if she is going to join Kissed and Maybe you would expect something decent.

Yeah she will need to - not saying she can't win but the omens don't look great at the moment and you'd want her to be winning a race like this if she's to prove good enough for the Oaks given the strong hand Ballydoyle have in the division.

Back