The Oaks 2012

Guyon is a good jockey for french standards
lacks the scope of Barzalona (the later has a lucky touch as had Dettori in the past)

about the best french jockey
Peslier is miles ahead of the rest, riding in group races and trying he is the best and is in the level of Dettori, Ryan Moore or Murtagh.

Peslier only behind Frankie in Europe for me. Suny, try and watch the second race from Longchamp last Sunday - Sidyrah (sp) was given a peach of a ride and he completely stole it from the front.

Peslier only behind Frankie in Europe for me. Suny, try and watch the second race from Longchamp last Sunday - Sidyrah (sp) was given a peach of a ride and he completely stole it from the front.

One could put up rides like that for every top jockey. It's why they are at the top. Agree with Suny again if Godolphin were to act sooner than later on the jockey issue. It's harsh but that's how it's always been at the top level of any sport. The quicker that decision is made the better for Frankie because he is still seriously good. What an irony it would be if he were to somehow land at Ballydoyle.

Last edited:
No doubt Frankie will have some sort of sinecure with Godolphin, and has probably played a part in appointing his own successor.
Any association with Coolmore would be a million, imo.

Has Betterbetterbetter got a chance at 40/1?

A man after my own heart. I put her up on our company preview yesterday and think she's got a good EW shout.

You can put a line through that Chester run, ground was beyond horrible that day and O'Brien said afterwards that he thought she learned a lot and was still an Oaks filly in the making. She'll like the ground (watch her action in the straight at Chester, bloody hates it) and if she had come here off the back of her Dundalk win, she'd probably only be a 20 poke.

Peeping Fawn MK 2 for me! 40/1 is a massive price.

She'll come 4th. :D

No doubt Frankie will have some sort of sinecure with Godolphin, and has probably played a part in appointing his own successor.
Any association with Coolmore would be a million, imo.

You're probably right the Coolmore thing was more tongue in cheek. The relationship between Frankie and the Sheikh has been very good and beneficial for both be a real shocker if he wasn't given some sort of nice paying position if indeed he is on the way out which has not been determined yet.

I think Betterbetterbetter has a chance that is not far behind Maybe's.

The Fugue should be about 2/1 imho, and I prefer Betterbetterbetter of all the rest.

Agree with all of this. Not sure how Maybe isn't a 14/1 chance. Fugue is max bet territory in the match bet with Maybe. I'm so confident of her beating her though, I reckon the value will be on the spreads where you have the winning distance making the dividends potentially even larger.

Some less intelligent types give their opinions here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RqkI0-Zj0YA

:D

I can see the case for Betterbetterbetter but the Cheshire Oaks looked a poor race beforehand and looks even worse now. Surely she should have won that regardless of ground or any other concern?

I will agree that The Fugue should be favourite.

I can see the case for Betterbetterbetter but the Cheshire Oaks looked a poor race beforehand and looks even worse now. Surely she should have won that regardless of ground or any other concern?

True but at 40/1 it's worth a stab given there's likely improvement from her (more scope for improvement than any other runner in the field I would say) and she'll enjoy the ground a lot more.

The other thing, I realise owner loyalty etc etc, but if I had a horse in the Oaks, especially one under 20/1 (and therefore one you could dream about), I would be very sure I would not have the 'Dazzler' on board when Frankie is kicking his heels in the weighing room...

The other thing, I realise owner loyalty etc etc, but if I had a horse in the Oaks, especially one under 20/1 (and therefore one you could dream about), I would be very sure I would not have the 'Dazzler' on board when Frankie is kicking his heels in the weighing room...

How true.

Hope Kissed turns out for this.

Anyone any thoughts on the Godolphin fancy?

On an extremely tenuous line through Salford Art, if you fancy the Fugue then Kailani has to be value at the prices.

Seems as though on this forum's fancies alone, Betterbetterbetter should be odds on!

I was slightly thinking the same Gamla. I fancy The Fugue quite strongly but hadn't previously considered the Godolphin filly. What I would say is that Salford Art's form suggests that she has a preference for a sounder surface and would therefore have likely appreciated the York test more than the Newmarket one. However, it is a line of form that puts them close at least and perhaps points to either one being underpriced or one being overpriced. I am already on The Fugue at 6/1 and this pushes me towards having a small cover wager on Kailani at double figure odds on Betfair.

Back