The Pointing Thread

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but here goes.

I am hoping to attend the PTP at Godstone on March 30th. Have never been to a PTP before. Is there a site anywhere where I can access entries etc.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

www.pointtopoint.co.uk has all the info - you have to be a member to view entries early in the week but they become visible to non-members each Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be there at Godstone at the end of the month - may be small fields due to the ground though.

Will see what's in at Parham this Saturday but the SE season is just getting going so should be a great day :)

EDGT I wish I did know all the winners -did have a good day at Marks Tey yesterday though, helped by our boy showing some signs of his home form when third in the opening division of the maiden.

Martin

Would advise buying the Racing Plus on a Saturday too - they have a really good pullout about pointing in it too with the entries, previews, features, reports and the previous weeks results etc.

Would add that I'm biased though.

Martin

Last edited:
Mossey Joe prepped for Grand National at Dromahane p2p yesterday.
Won at his ease under Dan Skehan.
No sign of Cheltenham heroes who may show up at Liscarroll next Sunday.
By the way it celebrates 60 years of racing this year so a big fuss due, the winners of one winner getting a 1500 bonus (may even be 2500).
Denman won his maiden here; a great viewing track with The Donkey Sanctuary across the road. Pity "The Old Walls" is no longer open !

We're off to the Mendip Farmers at Ston Easton on Sunday.

If you can find the time to mark my card Martin I'd be very grateful!

Mossey Joe more likely to go Foxhunter route rather than Grand National.

Can't get a bookie to quote me for the former yet though. Shoe in over that distance ?

Interesting entry alright - race is between Mossey Joe, Warne and On The Fringe for me, trip would have me siding with the Hamilton horse.

Brunswick Gold the best of the UK runners despite a dodgy jockey.

Martin

Warne has an obvious chance - especially with Tammy's Hill winning at Cheltenham - but the form of the hunter chase win has taken a lot of knocks in the last few weeks. Burren River, James and even Seabass (who did return injured) all disappointing. This is the obvious target all year for him though.

Warne won easily in the end at Fairyhouse and would have gone much much closer in this last year but for being carried wide by a loose horse at the Canal Turn.

The other protagonist's would all prefer further, most notably Mossey Joe who struggled home over 2 1/2m at Cork over Easter last year and who's best performance of 2013 came over 3 1/2m at Stratford, the drop in trip shouldn't inconvenience On The Fringe too much of the Irish raiders while Tammy's Hill is held twice over sub-three mile trips by Warne in 2013/14.

Gwanako would have been interesting again if they could book Will Biddick but he's not been entered and looks likely to have a crack at another Open race with Megan Nicholls up once more (had originally been listed for the Ston Eaton Confined race this weekend but penalties would have had him carrying 14 stone+ by my reckoning).

Martin

Sorry Benny - only just seen this :(

Like the look of King Of Alcatraz at Exeter today - drop in trip will suit as he doesn't get home in points and he won at this course last year. No shame in being beaten by Byerley Bear and Gwanako earlier in the season and 9/1ish is a big price about him.

I'll be at Godstone on Sunday if anyone is around - we have Did You Ever entered up in the maiden and he looks likely to run providing the ground dries out. He was brought to a standstill by a faller in front of him when traveling well enough at Parham last Saturday and has finished in the frame here before just needs the quicker ground so fingers crossed for that.

Martin

No worries Martin - actually went through the card for the first time ever, so did ok on my own!

I'll back your suggestion in the HC today.

4.35 Ffos Las Silver Token

Fancy this fella to be laid out for today for local connections. Price has contracted but 5/2 is fair enough considering I think he'll beat the favourite.

Looks like it has potential for a Welsh carve-up - on form I wouldn't mind chancing Red Watch @ 7's, has run well fresh in the past and won his last three points.

Martin

Martin, do you think that Double Bank can turn over the fav in Newton Abbott today? Cheltenham could have taken a lot out of Certain Flight.

I think he has a better chance of doing so than Chosen Milan despite the mare's weight allowance but both DB and CF look priced about right to me.

Martin

Darsi Dancer worth a bet here at Kelso - moved to a trainer from a farmer a couple of months ago and will have come on for his most recent outing. E/W

Martin

Back