The Pointing Thread

Lockinge is a picturesque course and there's usually a good crowd. The ground can get quite hard though, and if that's the case you will find field sizes are small.

Overall it's definitely worth a visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been but I'm told it's very picturesque and gets a huge crowd - plenty for the family to do etc.

Presentandcorrect (15:45) and Tousupreme (16:20) for the double - the former is a classy horse and a Hunter Chase winner in the past who shows no signs of aging. Tousupreme is starting to come good after taking a while to get the hang of things over here, she parted company with Lutie Akinci at the last LTO when still holding a decent chance against a better horse than she'll encounter here.

Martin

16:35 Ludlow - Foundry Lane - Has the best form in this and ran well against the useful Rockiteer LTO, ground should suit and trip also with a very good jockey up.

Martin

17:15
Happy to side with Delta Borget @ 14/1 in this. Regularly runs his race over this two mile trip including when runner-up at Leicester in March. Disappointed over 2m5f last time out but then he was a big price and that trip probably stretches his stamina. Fav is the best horse in the race (Popaway) but drop back in trip is a slight worry.

17:45
A couple in here at big prices here, Turtle Boys disappointed last time out but did beat a useful horse to qualify for this and if bouncing back could go well. Squirrel Esquire is the other I like in this, price is about right sadly but given a shocking ride last time out but had looked decent in beating Flan The Man and a subsequent winner in a lesser race in March and should go well here.

Will post other thoughts when I can

Martin

18:15
Chosen Milan is a big price here, she has stamina concerns but Penmore Mill hasn't always convinced over regulation fences and Foundry Square is in and out at the best of times. Harbour Court is obviously the one to beat and is the best horse in the race but at 12/1 e/w Chosen Milan represents the value in receipt of lumps of weight.

18:50
Marufo has had a wind-op since his HC exploits and won last time out so that looks to have worked. The value in this race IMHO is the match bet Hameldown Tor to beat Bobs Law. HT has some solid Hunter Chase form while BL has never really convinced in this sphere and has been winning relatively weak (arguably slightly iffy form wise) Welsh points, 11/10 Hameldown Tor is a gift and IMHO he should be 8/15

Martin

19:20
Like Cheyanwe W/O Theatre Queen here. Cheyanwe will stay all day as she's won three or so times at the 3m2f track at Marks Tey, it's not as undulating as Cheltenham but is a big galloping track and suits horses like her. I think she'll go well in this for the Kemp yard who had Caulkin placed at a big price in the opener. She's currently 9/1 W/O TQ.

19:50
This is a tricky race with King Fontaine, Pentiffic, Soulard and Monsieur Jourdain all looking overpriced.

20:20
Invisible Man should win this despite Phine Banks being in the saddle. He was a very useful chaser a couple of seasons ago and is a brother to J'y Vole who was a classy mare for Willie Mullins a few seasons back. Phine hasn't managed to stop him the last twice and providing the partnership can stay together he should take all the beating here.

Martin

A pointer called It's A Close Call has been given a rating of 102 after winning a maiden at Woodford ptp.

Last edited:
No surprise that the lads in Chester have given him a big rating - Woodford maiden's are normally very decent but 102 off just one outing is massive. Will check out what the Loose Leaf gave him when I can, the Lacey horse that day was meant to be the best of the pair.

Fontwell on Thursday evening if anyone fancies it - before that Megan Nicholls debut over fences on Gwanako, I made it a 4/9 shot and hoped to lay shorter as Master Medic is no mug, sadly the jockey on How's My Friend is and Delta Borget won't cope with this lot.

Martin

Back