The Pointing Thread

Harbour Court, E/W doubles with Mossey Joe for the National :)

Agree on the Leopardstown race - it looks a belter. A friend of mine owns Warne but the trip will be too far for him IMHO and he'll take the Aintree version. Interested to see how James gets on upped massively in grade, barely came off the bridle at Downpatrick and impressive the time before when his two main rivals fell early on.

Martin

Sorry Treff, was out for most of yesterday so only saw this last night.

Two today:

Kelso - Harbour Court the most likely winner but 4/9 about the third choice prep run wouldn't be for me. Fancy Sacred Mountain who beat Tartan Snow (half his price) over CD last year and at bigger prices Moscow Menace (28/1) who ran well on his return to action at Friars Haugh LTO when chasing home Noir Et Vert (40/1). They are both solid performers and if the fav underperforms look the most likely winners to me.

Leicester - Shy John won a better race than this LTO but I wouldn't be taking odds-on about him against a couple of nice looking rivals. The two for me would be Chief Heckler (11/1) who's run well in a Club Members event and a Mens Open already this season and Dunraven Prince (12/1) who won a Novice Riders in comfortable enough fashion last time out under Sean Bowen. Bradley Gibbs up is another positive for DP and interesting that they run him here rather than at Ffos Las on Sunday given the owner/trainer sponsors that particular event. Swallows Delight is much better over shorter and this should test his stamina while Mister Teddy lost his action on his return at Black Forest Lodge LTO and he'd need to step up on what he'd shown prior to that to figure here anyway.

Martin

Unlucky Martin. Still a great shout. Traded at 1.8 in running. Managed to lay the stake at least....

So Close!

'Mister Chancer battling back
Jack Bene & Mister Chancer all out
Jack Bene & Mister Chancer flash past together - PHOTO
Jack Bene gets the verdict'

Last edited:
Childrens List got very good reviews in today's RP for his win in the 4yo maiden at Belharbour on Sunday.

He's a half brother to a horse we used to have, Schindler's Hunt. Has been snapped up by Willie since.

Apologies didn't see your last post for some reason.

Last edited:
Tara Royal finished runner-up behind the former useful chaser Wymott in a Mens Open at Higham at the end of January - the ground was a lot softer than the official description and he was just outstayed by the winner approaching the last. The third Court Red Handed has won a similar Mens race since and the drop back to 2m4f should suit Phil York's horse and he can give the South East a winner in this 16:45 Ludlow at 10's.

Maritn

Not a fan of Foundry Square - think he won a weak Hunter Chase at Newbury and would rather back King Fontaine at the current prices.

Martin

I'm betting on Mossey Joe not running in the Foxhunters and heading straight to Aintree for the Grand National.
Tammys Well is already a confirmed N/R and not a consideration. Others in the mid market haven't qualified yet.
Oscar Delta I've got e/w at 14's- covered in multis.
On The Fringe will be 11/4 Fav. I reckon .On at 7/1 . Be Lucky..baracouda

I'm betting on Mossey Joe not running in the Foxhunters and heading straight to Aintree for the Grand National.
Tammys Well is already a confirmed N/R and not a consideration. Others in the mid market haven't qualified yet.
Oscar Delta I've got e/w at 14's- covered in multis.
On The Fringe will be 11/4 Fav. I reckon .On at 7/1 . Be Lucky..baracouda

Tammys Hill in unlikely but don't think he has been confirmed out??

Hoping to go to Badbury Rings on Sunday. Any tips very welcome. I see What a Friend and Khyber Kim are entered but don't know about anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hoping to be there on Sunday too Viking - if you're around for a pint let me know :)

Would buy the Racing Plus tomorrow as there should be a preview of the racing from Badbury Rings in there and a free bet too to be used with the on course bookmakers.

Moscow Blaze looks highly progressive in the Ladies - stays very well but this is the best race he's contested.

Ballinla looked decent in a couple of maiden starts in 2011/12 but didn't run last season, if he's fit and well he should go well in the first division of the maiden and with a bit of drying ground then Tigeralley is a horse that Marcus Foley likes a lot and she could go in the second division.

If Warne is anything like the 8/1 being suggested on tissue prices tomorrow at Fairyhouse then he'll pay for the expenses. The only issue the horse has is that he doesn't stay 3 miles but he won this last year beating Tammy's Hill in the process and ran a much better race than in 2013 at Leopardstown last time out.

Martin

I'm hoping to be there on Sunday too Viking - if you're around for a pint let me know :)

Would buy the Racing Plus tomorrow as there should be a preview of the racing from Badbury Rings in there and a free bet too to be used with the on course bookmakers.

Moscow Blaze looks highly progressive in the Ladies - stays very well but this is the best race he's contested.

Ballinla looked decent in a couple of maiden starts in 2011/12 but didn't run last season, if he's fit and well he should go well in the first division of the maiden and with a bit of drying ground then Tigeralley is a horse that Marcus Foley likes a lot and she could go in the second division.

If Warne is anything like the 8/1 being suggested on tissue prices tomorrow at Fairyhouse then he'll pay for the expenses. The only issue the horse has is that he doesn't stay 3 miles but he won this last year beating Tammy's Hill in the process and ran a much better race than in 2013 at Leopardstown last time out.

Martin

Nice one, Martin:thumbsup:

Cheers Dan - best price early was 9/2 but was still big.

Moscow Blaze won't run tomorrow as won a Ladies Open at Cottenham today at 5/2 continuing the great run of the British Jane Mangan :)

Harbour Court also won :)

Martin

Martin

I took 5.1 - Cheers Martin :cool:

Martin,
Well done, Sir!
I doubt whether many professionals could achieve your hit rate and returns. Impressive indeed.

Back