The Pointing Thread

Cheers Martin. Have taken the 14/1 Qrackers - looks like there is at least one reason to oppose everything ahead of it in the betting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anything you fancy at Badbury Rings today Martin? Hoping the weather won't be as bad as the forecast and I can persuade the family to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Viking - only just seen this.

Hope you enjoyed the day if you went - didn't get a proper look at Badbury as was busy looking at the dangers for our two who ran at Charing, as it happened the dangers were ground and fences in that order.

Will take a look at the HC's again and hopefully have some more winners.

Martin

Nowurhurlin is good value at Leicester today, also if Port Golan is genuinely trained by Hen Knight then it should be 8's.

Martin

Sorry Viking - only just seen this.

Hope you enjoyed the day if you went - didn't get a proper look at Badbury as was busy looking at the dangers for our two who ran at Charing, as it happened the dangers were ground and fences in that order.

Will take a look at the HC's again and hopefully have some more winners.

Martin

No worries Martin. We didn't go in the end as the forecast hadn't changed by 11. It did rain heavily in Poole all afternoon and Blandford was even worse I believe.

Shame for the Countryside Alliance but I hope there were a good few hardier souls than us who braved the weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thread this lads. Keep it up. good to know where my expensive purchases have ended up. Helps to explain to the old woman

Thanks Martin. Reluctant to oppose Palypso though!

What would you back against Hen's? Woodview Prince?
That would have been the one for me Benny though obviously now speaking after the event.

Always good to see the old boys still doing the business Roddy :)

Any mileage in opposing Big Fella Thanks today Martin? I wonder whether two and a half on a sharp track really plays to his strengths nowadays. His last run at the track wasn't great though he has won there in the past.

Or am I looking for holes that aren't there in a strong fav?

Any mileage in opposing Big Fella Thanks today Martin? I wonder whether two and a half on a sharp track really plays to his strengths nowadays. His last run at the track wasn't great though he has won there in the past.

Or am I looking for holes that aren't there in a strong fav?
Probably looking at a strong fav though biggest concern is he hasn't won for two years - on his last run he'd carry these but drop in trip should help Garstin and may be worth a nibble on BF at a huge price.

Martin

Surely Out Now should be about 4/7 rather than 5/4 today Martin?

I know you have said previously the jockey isn't great, but good to soft, soft in places should suit ok and the opposition don't look strong. Thoughts?

If it had a jockey on it would be - Out Now and Invisible Man are the two best horses in the race, sadly they have the two worst jockeys up too and I wouldn't want to be taking a short price about something with David Maxwell on.

I think Steve Flook has been running his horses unfit so I've had a small e/w bet on Bermuda Boy. Foundry Square ran his best race of the season at Leicester the other day on his third run, had looked dire prior to that (did have headgear on first time mind) and Flook had a winner earlier on that day. The drop in trip should suit Bermuda Boy as should the better ground he'll get here and he's worth at 33's.

In the other HC I made it 5/4 Chosen Milan, 15/8 Parkam Jack so had to back the Woollacott horse. He was impressive on his seasonal return last month and with a doubt about the ground for Chosen Milan can see off his main rival in this.

Martin

Christ. Stupidly I backed out now anyway. Following the RP text comm was mentally counting my winnings, then he stops and yours won at 28s. When will I listen?

I think Steve Flook has been running his horses unfit so I've had a small e/w bet on Bermuda Boy. Foundry Square ran his best race of the season at Leicester the other day on his third run, had looked dire prior to that (did have headgear on first time mind) and Flook had a winner earlier on that day. The drop in trip should suit Bermuda Boy as should the better ground he'll get here and he's worth at 33's.

Martin

That is a great call Martin, what a price - well done.

Will you be at Godstone next week btw ?

If it had a jockey on it would be - Out Now and Invisible Man are the two best horses in the race, sadly they have the two worst jockeys up too and I wouldn't want to be taking a short price about something with David Maxwell on.

In the other HC I made it 5/4 Chosen Milan, 15/8 Parkam Jack so had to back the Woollacott horse. He was impressive on his seasonal return last month and with a doubt about the ground for Chosen Milan can see off his main rival in this.

Martin

massive shout:cool::cool:

cracking thread this

Sadly won't be at Godstone Wilsonl but will be at Bangor-On-Dee for my first North West P2P that day.

Think I'll be writing a preview for Godstone though - should be competitive racing there as always. Will be there at the meeting at the end of March though :)

At Kelso I think that Major Malarkey is too short in the betting (I made it 6/4) and so too is Railway Dillon (3/1 here). Tommysteel ran much better than in previous starts two weeks ago at Alnwick and shaped as if this step up in trip would suit when runner-up in a moderate Mens Open event there. On the same card Senor Alco ran well behind Crazy Diamond (CD is unbeaten in three career starts since debuting at the age of 10 in December) in a Club Members event and is another who should be suited by this time. I made them both 7/1 shots though another good judge I know made them even shorter so they are worth bets at 14/1 and 16/1 generally respectively.

Martin

Back