The Pointing Thread

In the two mile hunter Martin is referring to the trip is the key with many of them not at their best over the minimum. With that in mind I had a good poke at King's Grey last night who in the context was outstanding value at 12's. Being backed in already morning and blue everywhere.

The other one that could well outrun his price in the same race is Vide Cave and I had a much smaller ew bet at 18's.

Sam Cavellaro could well win this but he's not one I'd be relying on at 5/2 when his form ties in closely with others that also aren't 2 milers and he may well need a much stiffer track to get away with it. The other three at the head of the market all want two and half to be at their best.

Edit. I should say the other two at the head of the market, as I've just noticed Joker Choker has been withdrawn.

Soixante Six is a stone better P2Per than Bandol - he carries a stone more here but I'd be surprised if even accounting for improvement for Bandol's yard change Soixante Six should be a double figure price in here. Pointed out to me by a friend yesterday as hadn't looked at it properly until this morning but horses he was taking on under Rules for Alan King were considerably better than these (Henryville etc.) and he wasn't beaten that far by them. 25's looks huge.

Agree with Maruco on Kings Grey - he's one of those that could take a hand with the drop in trip likely to suit, JC a NR but think Decade Player should be fav here, plenty of pace on a flat track, stays 2m4f which should help and think that Sam C is best with a stiff finish.

Martin

Sorry Martin, I was referring to the wrong race. Ironically I put Soixante Six up in the comp last night, and he was my best bet of the day at the early prices. Also Weston's form right now is as hot as anyone's.

Good call Maruco - hopefully goes well for all of us.

Think she has a good chance Treff - made her 5/4 so she's a bet at 7/4ish.

Think that Quiet Account's form in the 18:45 is a lot stronger than most in here, Ireland took this race last year and while I'm not convinced by the horse who's been beating him recently he has been running in Open class while a number of these have not.

19:50 - Happy to back Desertmore View @ 10/1 here. Mentioned on here last year how impressive he was at Godstone and put him up again at Chepstow when he hosed up at the backend of the season. He's won both of his starts this term and I think he could shake up the big names in this.

That's the main bet - will need some drifts for the others sadly.

Martin

Think that Quiet Account's form in the 18:45 is a lot stronger than most in here, Ireland took this race last year and while I'm not convinced by the horse who's been beating him recently he has been running in Open class while a number of these have not.

Martin

Bingo !

That could have gone worse - not convinced by Will Biddick again there on PDP.

My old friend Sam Cavallaro big here - can see Decade Player trying to burn all these off and given Sam stays further he should be go well at around 7/2

My old friend Sam Cavallaro big here - can see Decade Player trying to burn all these off and given Sam stays further he should be go well at around 7/2

Must admit at the Cheltenham meet I thought Biddick was overly confident on a few horses, gave them a massive start.

Just think the front two looked happier going the pace, whereas PDP had to wait until the last fence before committing.....nearly snatched 2nd for a place.

Didn't play in yesterday's Hunter Chase but today's event at Wincanton looks good.

Hoping the forecast rain doesn't materialise as think that Mr Satco has a cracking chance at 8/1 in this. Emma Oliver's charge finished runner-up to Parkam Jack in this event one year ago and made his return to action when finishing well beaten on ground too soft for him at Exeter in March. The son of Mr Combustible is still only eight and had a peak rating of 125 when with Donald McCain, albeit a mark he was never asked to run off in a handicap and though well beaten off 112 at Stratford on good ground at the end of May he looks more than capable of going well in this - assuming the rain stays away.

Martin

Runs in a handicap at Newton Abbot tonight off 112. Any thoughts on his chances? Trip and ground look perfect and the current 11/1 is tempting me.

Ground and trip should definitely suit, 11/1 looks a bit on the big side to be fair given decent ground - would be wary of that poor run off 112 though.

Martin

Back