The Queen Anne

Equally good news is the weather forecast. There's enough rain forecast in the next few days to prevent the clerk watering ahead of the meeting but it's not forecast to continue into next week nor to fall in such quantities that the ground will be soft or anything like it. It would be nice to think that we'll have five days of racing on decent unwatered ground, genuinely good on the Tuesday and good to firm (no worse) later in the week.

Murtagh was adamant (annoyed even - with his bosses?) after the Breeders Cup saying the horse is a miler, and didn't stay - perhaps this has influenced race choice?

I don't see how anyone could say the horse did not stay after his effort in the Eclipse - a race run at a breakneck pace . Probably his best performance of his career.

He was just way over the top by the Classic.

He gets ten furlongs but I think he is definitely best at a mile especially on a stiff track like Ascot.

I think that not only has RVW an easier option in the POW, but that he is better suited to that race than Fame and Glory. Does it seem odd to anyone else that we have heard so very little of RVW recently?

Incidentally, when I looked at the Ballydoyle news section on the Coolmore website earlier this morning, I found it hadn't been updated since before the Derby, despite the fact that they have had several runners since. Hmm.

Oops, should have looked at the RP before posting last. RVW on course for the Queen Anne despite F&G being pulled out of the POW. Think facing Goldikova and a top of his form Paco Boy on his first start back is a very tough call indeed.

12 declared

Alexandros
Arabian Gleam
Calming Influence
Cat Junior
Dalghar
Dream Eater
Goldikova
Ouqba
Paco Boy
Pipedreamer
RVW
Zacinto

Paco Boy is friendless on Betfair and there is very little interest in backing him. Reality setting in or an indication he might not run?

Yes... I mean he is still in at this confirmation/acceptance stage. Clearly we'll know at the overnight confirmation stage which one he's going for.

Any views on which race?

You'd think they would want to swerve this with Paco Boy. Little point in having him shown up by proper G1 milers.

The POW is worth double the points in the TTF, being the feature race on day 2, but ironically looks like being the easier (and better) option for RVW.

Last edited:
I'd be thinking along the same lines. The POW is worth double the points in the TTF, being the feature race on day 2, but ironically looks like being the easier (and better) option for him.

Wouldn't have a chance of getting 10f though surely?

edit: irrelevant, as he's not even in the race.

Last edited:
Back