The Road To The 2012 Champion Hurdle

You and Irish gave me a hard time of it on that one We had many a battle about those 2 and as it turns out both won Champion Hurdles. I actually did start the 2010/11 Champion Hurdle thread on there saying Hurricane Fly would win and got slagged by TAPK for betrayel ;o). Granted is was after HF won what I considered his first real test when he beat Solwhit a neck, whereas you guys were touting him when he was a baby with me saying you were both mad.

Was all good fun mate nice to see you again.
Now now ;)

Welcome to Talking Horses mate great to have you back on the racing forums :)

Last edited:
.Saying he is on the downgrade is utter nonsense..

After Saturdays run at Cheltenham are you slightly swayed towards my idea of Menorah being finished?

He's run to form finishing 4th on Saturday beating Sanctuaire giving 4lbs aswell - new generation on the block now!

I really think Phillip is struggling with this horse now, shame!

Last edited:
After Saturdays run at Cheltenham are you slightly swayed towards my idea of Menorah being finished?

He's run to form finishing 4th on Saturday beating Sanctuaire giving 4lbs aswell - new generation on the block now!

I really think Phillip is struggling with this horse now, shame!

Which is it Bruce... Menorah has run to form, or Menorah (a 6yo with chances at two codes) is finished?

I would suggest neither... you appear to be suggesting both.

Last edited:
Only reason he went for the International was because he won the race last year plus it won't have done his confiddence any harm after his tumble.

No Champion Hurdle aspirations but a good future over fences where he looks much more at hime IMO

Brampour turns out again to carry top weight in the Ladbroke. Races off old mark and his rider's 7lb claim can be utilised.

Last edited:
Hurricane Fly heads a field of nine for the Grade 1 Istabraq Festival Hurdle at Leopardstown on December 29th.
The Willie Mullins trained Champion Hurdle winner, won this race last year and will be making his seasonal debut in the two mile contest should he take part.

Mullins could also be represented by Thousand Stars who won the Morgiana Hurdle at Fairyhouse on his last start in November.

Colm Murphy's Voler La Vedette looks better than ever this year with two wins under her belt and she could also take her chance.

Galway Hurdle hero Moon Dice, Unaccompanied, Luska Lad, The Real Article and the Jessica Harrington trained duo of Oscars Well and Gimli’s Rock complete the field.

Not sure why if the connections of Moon Dice see him stepping up to Grade 1 level they don't come over for the Xmas Burdle and avoid Hurricane Fly.

That looks a better option. Win that, then step up to Grade 1 or 2. I wonder would they be at all tempted to keep him back for another handicap? He would have a great chance off 146. The Ladbroke would have been ideal.

Suppose it depends on how good they think he really is. He was unlucky in the Greatwood. If they think he is very good, will they ever get a better chance to beat the champ?

Suppose it depends on how good they think he really is. He was unlucky in the Greatwood. If they think he is very good, will they ever get a better chance to beat the champ?

Hurricane Fly doesn't strike me as a horse who is vulnerable first time out.

Not as good as my 7barras sauce. How do i change my handle? Can one of the mods do it. WOuld be better not to be named after a feckin lazy horse who is now going to spend his days sleeping in a swimming pool at Big Vens.

Back