The Road to the 2017 Champion Hurdle

I don't buy the "We'll never know" theory, when it comes to Our Conor.

He was exposed as not good enough on two occasions behind Hurricane Fly; having had everything possible in his favour in the December Hurdle (including the benefit of a previous run on the level), and receiving weight again when beaten in the ICH.

This message has been brought to you by the "Hurricane Fly Legacy Protection Faction"

:cool:

Gwan the Fly

Back to the subject of Ivanovich Gorbatov, don't forget who owns him. I suspect he could end up being a very well handicapped horse come the Festival, and might become young Joseph's best chance of a winner.

you joke..but the transition between 4 and 5 ia learning curve..you cannot pigeon hole a horse ratings wise to be able to make that negative assertion at just 4 going on 5

there is nobody on here or in the outer..(supposed knowledge..but actually get by on bullshit mainly..easy money for those incapable of making it pay without somone paying them..TF so called experts on a fookin wage..why?
)... area that knows how good OC..could have been..so a "me hole" means absolutely fook all to me,,fook all

Back to the subject of Ivanovich Gorbatov, don't forget who owns him. I suspect he could end up being a very well handicapped horse come the Festival, and might become young Joseph's best chance of a winner.

so you take a top horse and get it to win off 140..fookin hell..we will be givin credit for it as well i suppose if he pulls it off..i do hope Joseph isn't going to join Jonjo as the shittiest trainer of all time..what a shame for the horse and those sad fooks who think being **** at your job is smart

Oneill £ per horse is just a bit better than the guy who washes my bin out every fortnight at training horses..is this really clever stuff..or the sort of stuff that malkes this game stink to high heaven..rank is what oneill is..a total arsehole who has kidded the "followers" he is a good trainer...the folowers are thick fookers..he is **** at training racehorses

Joseph will want his first Festival winner as soon as possible. The reality is that's more likely to happen by messing around getting one ridiculously well handicapped. It's not so easy though when plenty more will be doing the same!

you mean..he will have to cheat to win?

well he ain't very good then..in fact those that cheat the most...are the real worse trainers in reality..shitbags imo

oneill is fookin rancid imo..for one..and 100% useless..the only punters that will support such as oneill are utter halfwits imo..then again..75% of punters are either ignorant of the game or don't give two flying fooks

Last edited:
if i gave a trainer a 160 horse and best he could do was win a handicap off 140..i'd kick him so hard in the bollox and tell everyone what a usless cnt he was..or have i missed something?

its a bit like giving someone 60k and they give you 20k back..and like some lemming punters say..ooh you are good..thats right canny..instead of..is that your best you useless toerag

it never ceases to amaze me how punters are so happy with "win"..it don't matter their bollox are gone throughout season on same hoss..fookin hell..int he a genius

yeah..fookin brilliant eh?

lets get real..any trainer that can't win with a horse..in its own class..should be struck off..just for being shite at training

Last edited:
Joseph will want his first Festival winner as soon as possible. The reality is that's more likely to happen by messing around getting one ridiculously well handicapped. It's not so easy though when plenty more will be doing the same!

I would imagine it's more likely to happen with the production line of rejected ballydoyle 3yo's he'll likely be receiving from now on in either the Triumph or Fred Winter, I wouldn't imagine his old man would be overly impressed with handicap jiggery pokery when he's been handed such an opportunity with the facilities and blue bloods that he's received.

Last edited:
handicap jiggery pockery though is apparantely clever and thought shrewd as far as many punters are concerned..they think having a 160 hoss win off 140 is clever..when in fact its what our bin cleaner could pull off..or anyone with 3 brain cells come to that..but apparently its "smart"

ffs..you can kid some some of the time..but in horse racing..you can kid most of people..most of time

Wicklow Brave, County Hurdle is the most blatant cheating I've ever seen!

I'm still not over Wicklow Brave that season. I was absolutely on for my life Each Way at big prices for the Betfair Hurdle and the Imperial cup in Feb/March before Cheltenham and then lost the faith come the festival thinking he just wasn't the horse I had thought. What still puzzles me however, is that on both occasions I was on at circa 25/1 and for both races he was heavily backed and went off at 9/1 for both! I'm not disagreeing that it was an elaborate plot, but he was left at the start in one of those handicaps and I've forever since struggled to comprehend how he shortened in price so significantly, if they were in fact holding him back for a festival plot job!?

When he ran in the Supreme Novices Wicklow Brave went to post like an absolute lunatic.I laid him for my betting bank for the week and it took him far too long to fold for my liking.I presumed he would disappear after that -to win a County and an Irish Leger shows a genius at work.

Our Conor would have shoved it up Faugheen sideways.

Speculative, groundless and hopelessly romantic?

Works for me.

Last edited:
Juvenile hurdle races are a means of enticing flat horses into the jumping game. Horses running in them have reached a ceiling on the flat and will quickly reach a ceiling over jumps as well. They are only good enough to beat each other and when forced into open company won't be beating older jumps-bred horses, especially in the winter.

There are exceptions but they are rare.

Juvenile hurdle races are a means of enticing flat horses into the jumping game. Horses running in them have reached a ceiling on the flat and will quickly reach a ceiling over jumps as well. They are only good enough to beat each other and when forced into open company won't be beating older jumps-bred horses, especially in the winter.

There are exceptions but they are rare.

I broadly agree apart from the bit about exceptions. I think a small majority of ex-Flat horses will be at or near their plateau but a large minority will keep on improving and would do so whether they switched to hurdles or not. The curve might not be as steep as with a store type though, hence they tend not to end up top class.

Last edited:
I broadly agree apart from the bit about exceptions. I think a small majority of ex-Flat horses will be at or near their plateau but a large minority will keep on improving and would do so whether they switched to hurdles or not. The curve might not be as steep as with a store type though, hence they tend not to end up top class.

In most cases if connections thought their horse was going to keep improving on the flat they would be unlikely to send it jumping. Coolmore/JP might be setting a different test, however, i.e. that if a colt is unlikely to make it as a sire then try it over jumps.

It will be interesting to see how they get on but another limitation with flat horses over jumps is that while many of them can cope with hurdles they're rarely as good over fences.

That would be a real shame....though not a huge surprise, given Riccis comments in his interview with Chappers, and the subsequent reports of her having worked poorly last week.

... and rumours that Min is the big one for this season, that they discovered he had a problem when he ran in the Supreme but kept it to themselves?

If they believe he's better than Altior, which many would have seriously fancied for the Champion Hurdle...

Back