The Road To The 2018 Champion Chase

Clarification on earlier tweet re Douvan. Willie Mullins has stressed that no final decision has been made on his target, but that the Ryanair Chase is being seriously considered. Apologies for the miscommunication.

Not in the least surprised and not trying to express surprise. Just stating the obvious.

Post was not directed at you DO point was I am surprised that anyone is surprised they **** people about they would be much better off making it clear they were keeping their options open.

After the Vautour business is anyone surprised ? I am only surprised that anyone is .

Now for the surprise UDS switch to the Champion Chase after they walk the course ....:ninja:

Bet365 was offering 20/1 NRNB on UDS earlier in the week. Thought no harm no foul and took some. If I were the McConnells that is where I'd be heading and let UDS wire the field. Not sold on Altior after the last year he has had. Although if UDs is not re-routed not sure what can beat him.

It's nothing to do with Mullins, and everything to do with incompetence at the RP.

While incompetent I would not go so far as to absolve the Trump/Pence combo of the jumps game. I've read the quotes elsewhere and am convinced Douvan will be seen on Wednesday. Ricci is Trump by the way

Last edited:
While incompetent I would not go so far as to absolve the Trump/Pence combo of the jumps game. I've read the quotes elsewhere and am convinced Douvan will be seen on Wednesday. Ricci is Trump by the way

It Rhymes with trump but ends in T!

WTF it's not been decided ? Asshole better not go Ryanair...if they do BB should pay back every penny they have taken on Douvan and if he beats UDS into 2nd pay out on both or they should be investigated for insider trading

Ruby Walsh has put Douvan up as a must bet against Altior in the SL..............you couldn't make this up if you were writing a script for Andy Pandy or the Flower Pot Men

Ruby Walsh has put Douvan up as a must bet against Altior in the SL..............you couldn't make this up if you were writing a script for Andy Pandy or the Flower Pot Men
And all the talk yesterday was that Ruby wants to ride Min in the QMCC, regardless.... Such a mess

suspect they looked at ground and didn't want to let him slog out the Ryanair. interesting Ruby has chosen him over Min.

Some race now this. Aslong as ST places I don't mind. Got Altior at evens, Got a feeling he mat even go off bigger than that now. Min around 4s, Douvan 9/4 Altior 11/8 I reckon.

Last edited:
Considering what Ricci was saying on ATR last night this is an extraordinary volte face as he was clear Ruby had chosen Min.

Call me cynical but I do hope Douvan is not now declared a non runner on Wednesday morning due to the ground.

Coral just tweeted a Simpson cartoon 11 mins ago saying Altior V Douvan v Min on Wed....don't know what relevance it has but seems a strange thing to tweet if they don't know

Considering what Ricci was saying on ATR last night this is an extraordinary volte face as he was clear Ruby had chosen Min.

Call me cynical but I do hope Douvan is not now declared a non runner on Wednesday morning due to the ground.

My first thought. Declare him then pull him out due to the ground, not willing to run him on heavy the first race of the season.

**** never seen post above..............they must be joking wasn't running now Ruby rides........wonder what price they got?

Last night Ricci suggested there was a strong chance Douvan would not run at all if they decided it was too big an ask.

I am not at all convinced the big clash will come off and won't be until we see them all at the start!

I bet u 2 believe in the magic bullet too :lol: They bring him over mess up everyone's head pay the final deceleration then ship him back home.......WHY?????

Last night Ricci suggested there was a strong chance Douvan would not run at all if they decided it was too big an ask.

I am not at all convinced the big clash will come off and won't be until we see them all at the start!

He's excited and when people are excite they become unsure and say silly things......He's here to run and will win..simple as:0)

Last edited:
Back