The Road To The 2018 Champion Chase

I really hope I am wrong, but I cannot see Altior running. Just cannot see how he can go from being lame this morning, with puss coming from his hoof, to sound, and with that, being at 100% which he is going to need to be, by Wednesday. Really hope I am proved wrong, but just cannot see it.

Just on this subject of double declarations. How come the bookies have removed Douvan and Min from the Ryanair betting?

Are they correct to do so?

Just on this subject of double declarations. How come the bookies have removed Douvan and Min from the Ryanair betting?

Are they correct to do so?

Technically no as one can double declare for the six non novice Grade 1 races . I suspect both of them could well be declared and if Altior is a non runner one will be diverted to the Ryanair.

I really hope I am wrong, but I cannot see Altior running. Just cannot see how he can go from being lame this morning, with puss coming from his hoof, to sound, and with that, being at 100% which he is going to need to be, by Wednesday. Really hope I am proved wrong, but just cannot see it.

I agree - no way he can be anywhere near 100% :(

Last edited:
This is not done and dusted yet with Douvan, Min & Ruby! While Altior has shortened up in the betting again, Douvan is slightly uneasy. He and Min are generally the same price now, and Min a tad shorter with a few books.

24 hours ago, Douvan was a clear point + shorter than Min.

On the Irish news this evening they said Ruby has a decision to make tomorrow (could easily be sloppy journalism considering it was TV3!).

I'm just not sure we've heard the last of this yet and a twist in the tale is still a distinct possibility [emoji848]

As Johnny Ward said, I won’t actually believe it until I see them all walking towards the tape.

Switch Switchy struggled to look the interviewer in the eye when he was asked about Douvan yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a Min backer but you have to accept Altior is some horse. He absolutely eats the hill.

I'm hoarse and normally I don't shout too much.

He looked beat at several stages there but what a finish!

I can't wait to find out what kind of finishing sectional he put up there.

Douvan would have won that, nd that's me saying that balls deep in Altior. Douvan was cruising to say the least.

Douvan would have won that, nd that's me saying that balls deep in Altior. Douvan was cruising to say the least.

Impossible to say that. Min was also cruising but you've got to appreciate what Altior does up the hill. It's epic.

Impossible to say that. Min was also cruising but you've got to appreciate what Altior does up the hill. It's epic.

Really hope Douvan is ok - we will hopefully get to find out at Sandown in December. So far, this is very like Azertyioup and Moscow Flyer, we never got to see them going at it hammer and tongs up the Cheltenham hill - hopefully we will get to see these two going at it.

Back