The Road To The 2018 Champion Chase

Douvan going for the Tingle Creek the SL reports - any suggestion that this is related to Altior's wind op are surely wide of the mark :whistle:

Special Tiara ran a great deal better yesterday than he did last year and on worse ground I would say yesterday .

Hopefully see Min in the Durkan then........or possibly the Hilly Way.......though if Douvan is back, every chance they try and turn Min into a Ryanair horse, and the Durkan would be a good place to start finding out.

Durkan entries are out - One of Djack, Yorkie, Min or Douvan

Love this race very much

attachment.php

Attachments

• JD.JPG
    JD.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 113
They last watered before the October meeting to get the word 'firm' out of the going description. I don't remember any complaints at the time.

I heard it in an interview or podcast that the water levels at Chelt has gotten ridiculously high this year(due to excessive watering) and that even a couple of inches of rain floods the course. The going was reported by all jockeys as very sticky/tacky which happened with a low amount of rain because the ground was already soaked.. I can't pinpoint from where I've heard this info though.

im intrigued by Min.

cant put finger on it, but he has something about him
lost once in his uk career to what many consider to be the best horse in training when he was a) a baby b) highly rumoured to have got injured in the run

form of the 3rd horse in that race has worked out pretty well too

has won every chase effortlessly so far and looks a fine jumper

there's clear potential he could go right to the very top but i'd worry about his fragility

fair chance we'd be looking at the arkle winner if he'd got there 100% last march

Last edited:
Back