The Road To The 2018 Champion Chase

Sounds like it depends on Sizing John next week. He gets beat (please god I hope so) then the Million bonus is nixed, he stays in Ireland and FN goes for the King George.

For the sake of racing, I hope he doesn't get beat

CT campaigns against his own stable so if it's to be it is to be but not sure FN would be sent to KG in any case

I used to worry and even avoid backing Tizzard horses when his son rode them Thought he was awful.

I would put the Tizzard Tizzard behind the Sire De Grugy mob who are near on hopeless IMO

As for Fox Norton I can put my hand on my heart and say in that form he would give Altior a lot to think about but take on Douvan...don't be a silly willy C L Tizzard

Not sure FN will ever have a better chance of winning the QM than the one just gone. He’d probably go off favourite for the Ryanair but I get the impression Tizzard doesn’t rate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said he was as good as Kauto Star? rotflmao at that rubbish

Special Tiara has run below form Simply Ned was beaten 9 lengths this year and last so no change there

Cloudy was beaten further here than he was by Altior but to be fair he was never travelling and looked booked for last place for the majority of the race.

A fit Fox Norton would be a tough nut for Altior to crack IMO

Yet somehow think that Yanworth is the second coming

The damage that even a windy Altior would do to Yanworth would be akin to letting Fritzel loose in a cellar

Just reading through some threads as I don't get much chance. That has absolutely tickled me.

Brian Hughes slammed the state of the ground today for Cloudy Dream. Another jockey said it was like trying to get through glue. Hughes seemed to blame Claisse for watering in the lead up to today. Did he water does anyone know?

Whatever the truth of the matter the ground at the track looked rough today. Jockeys described it as gluey and tacky and it was badly cut up in places.

Brian Hughes slammed the state of the ground today for Cloudy Dream. Another jockey said it was like trying to get through glue. Hughes seemed to blame Claisse for watering in the lead up to today. Did he water does anyone know?

No - according to the Turftrax archive: the heavens did it all themselves on Saturday morning.
If you're looking for excuses for Cloudy Dream, try "he's not a genuine 2 miler".

Nevertheless its horrible what they're doing by excessively watering, the ground should be around good based on the rain they got since October, instead it was heavy and sticky - all jockeys reported that on ITV.

No - according to the Turftrax archive: the heavens did it all themselves on Saturday morning.
If you're looking for excuses for Cloudy Dream, try "he's not a genuine 2 miler".

3L second to Buveur D’Air over fences and 6L 2nd to Altior in the Arkle. Got the closest to Altior than any other horse last year but he’s not a genuine 2 miler!! Good lad. I can see the reasoning behind the username now.

They last watered before the October meeting to get the word 'firm' out of the going description. I don't remember any complaints at the time.

Hughes might like to reflect that Cloudy Dream was only in the race because of the stable's dodgy administration.

Cloudy Dream probably isn't a genuine 2-miler (plenty of 2m5f horses have run into the Arkle places), but I'm not convinced he puts it all in either. I reckon he might end up with a squiggle by the end of the season.

Back