The Road To The 2018 Champion Chase

mullins latest
He added all was well with Faugheen and Douvan, who were both out today. He confirmed he is "leaning towards" coming to England with Douvan for the Tingle Creek.
hope he leans all the way and brings him over

Special Tiara 25/1 with Sky Bet. As at least 2 or 3 at the top of the market aren't likely to run That price each way is something each way that isn't easily ignored. Ran a decent race behind Fox Norton the other day in ground be predominantly dislikes.

Douvan might go for the King George is he hacks up in the Tingle Creek........Never thought I'd see the day outside of the Gold Cup he'd be odds against.

2.2 to beat Fox Norton is the bet of the decade if he runs at Sandown

Last edited:
You again make lots of bullish statements for a horse yet to beat a 165 chaser or a 155 hurdler. Chill and enjoy watching his return, stop hyping him like they shouldn't even race. Fox Norton will have everything in his favour while Douvan's first race of the seaon, from an injury, I'd say the odds are about right for these reasons.

Can't understand why people who need stupid numbers to work out if a horse is any good or not don't find another sport to follow..........Full contact tiddlywinks would suit you best, you should consider it

I got *** quid on nrnb at 5/1 with a local publican who fancies himself as a bookie but Fox Norton with a 4 length start so he has to win by 4 1/4 lengths or more

Considering he's never won by any less than 6 1/2 lengths I am happy enough as on the 3 occasions Paul Townsend has ridden him he has always won by a long way. and no showboating

Hoping some bookies have something similar going at the weekend..hugely confident Fox Norton hasn't a prayer of beating him

Depends a little on style of win, but you would probably have to make Douvan fave over Altior, given the latter's absence.

If Douvan wins Saturday how do you bet the front two in the Champion Chase?
depends on visual impression and ease of victory + opposition but if he wins a couple of egg and spoon races in a similar manner to last season while altior isn't sighted he'll go off fave i'd imagine

depends on visual impression and ease of victory + opposition but if he wins a couple of egg and spoon races in a similar manner to last season while altior isn't sighted he'll go off fave i'd imagine

Was putting the 3/1 Douvan into multiples today. Hard to see that price being around in a week.

Was putting the 3/1 Douvan into multiples today. Hard to see that price being around in a week.

2 problems with that bet
altior Will win the Champion chase

and about training targets
maybe Ruby orders min to run in the qm and he rides un des sceux or yorkhill in the ryan air

If Min was going the 2-mile route, he would have gone to the Tingle Creek or Hilly Way, I reckon.

Could be switched back if Douvan blows, I suppose, but I reckon Min is (one of) their Ryanair horses, along with UDS and Yorkhill (who could still run in Champion Hurdle).

2 problems with that bet
altior Will win the Champion chase

and about training targets
maybe Ruby orders min to run in the qm and he rides un des sceux or yorkhill in the ryan air

So where does Douvan go? I make him long odds on to run in the QM. There is no way Ruby think Min is a better horse then him.

Mullins essentially a creature of habit. If all goes well with Douvan in Tingle Creek, he'll be rested over Xmas, and take in the Tied Cottage before the Champion Chase.

I'm guessing Min goes to Thurles for the Kinloch Brae in January, ahead of a Ryanair bid.

Back