• Buveur D'Air

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Faugheen

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Those champion hurdle form lines. Absolutely delighted for a true warrior My Tent Or Yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought Ch’tibello needed the run as Dan Skelton said he might. Looked bang there two out but maybe blew up a bit. Or maybe just not good enough

Thought Ch’tibello needed the run as Dan Skelton said he might. Looked bang there two out but maybe blew up a bit. Or maybe just not good enough

Yes. Didn't look out of place at all and (along with JC) gave the field five lengths at the off.

Disgraceful from RUK pre-race talking about giving it a name after a horse.. would've been great if someone smashed their heads to bring back the long-term memory loss of the Bula Hurdle

Melon pulled for the entire race and was still only beaten a length. Given the circumstances it was a remarkable performance against two horses that have got the t shirt. Tuesday on the sharper old course will play to his strengths where they'll go at a championship pace. He's definitely a credible Champion Hurdle contender and deserves to line up. Quicker ground and a quicker pace on the old course and he'd dispatch MTOY and TNO pretty easily. Buveur D'Air and Faugheen being a different kettle of fish admittedly, but in my mind he's already easily the best of the rest.

I can only assume you didn't see the race or it was a poor picture Tanlic as I've always taken you as a better judge than that.

Melon finds nothing. I agree that the pace of the race didn't suit today and I thought he actually hurdled beautifully... Really slick over them and much better than we've seen of him previously.

However...... That's now 3 times he's had it put up to him and he didn't want to to know. By default he may finish 3rd in the CH, but I fear anyone expecting him to win in a battle is mistaken.

Good horse, travels strongly, slick hurdling technique but finds nowt imo.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

The New One World Hurdle bound according to NTD.

Don’t think Melon would place in a champion hurdle to be honest.

Melon pulled for the entire race and was still only beaten a length.

That was my impression but David Mullins made no mention of it post-race. He said the horse travelled beautifully. Could it be his rising style that makes it look like the horse is pulling?

If TNO is a solid 163, Melon ran to 162 on his 5th run over hurdles. At the same stage of his career, Buveur D'Air was rated 157.

Don’t think Melon has ran poorly, but I do agree he doesn’t seem to find much, when asked go about it.

Looked like race was there for him at one stage but he either lacked the toe or the resolve.

MTOY is a nice story all the same
I think it's definitely the resolve. I can see how 20/1 is appealing to people and I can see you getting a great run for your money. And he could/should Tavel into contention, but inevitably he just won't find, imo. We now have 3 strong pieces of evidence to support this.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

If TNO is a solid 163, Melon ran to 162 on his 5th run over hurdles. At the same stage of his career, Buveur D'Air was rated 157.

Bit of an unfair comparison there. BD had embarked on a career over fences ! His 5th run over hurdles came in February of this year at Sandown. If he was running in and winning Graded hurdles at the end of 2016 that rating would’ve been at a loftier mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back