• Buveur D'Air

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Faugheen

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why it took several weeks for this information to be released is unclear .

I was thinking similar. Surely that should surface in the immediate aftermath of the Ascot race, not 6 weeks on.

He has been given a Betfair hurdle entry I see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If it was a bug in the yard they were probably reluctant to reveal that information until it was 100% confirmed.

I’ve actually come round 360 on DDS. You can forgive a horse one bad run with genuine excuses so he might just be the e/w value in the race.

The problem is with Defi is we can't assume anything. He looked like a world beater in the making last season and until he runs again I wouldn't be prepared to back or lay him.

If it was a bug in the yard they were probably reluctant to reveal that information until it was 100% confirmed.

I’ve actually come round 360 on DDS. You can forgive a horse one bad run with genuine excuses so he might just be the e/w value in the race.

Would be willing to forgive one bad run.

I'd be more concerned that the Triumph form doesn't look too hot.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

The problem I have with Defi is the whole Triumph thing. He looked good last year against what we now know are horses who haven’t exactly set the world alight since.

Take the 7 horses in behind him at Cheltenham . Since that Triumph Hurdle they have won a combined total of 3 hurdle races from 19 attempts.

It’s 6 wins from 29 attempts when you take in Landofhopeandglorys and Couer de Lion’s chasing and flat careers but that’s getting away from the issue in a way. Only Baupaume comes out of it with any sort of proper form finishing 3rd to Apples Jade in the Christmas hurdle but over 3m.

My point is most Triumph winners look decent at the time but history tells a different story when they hit open company.

Difi would want to be winning a Betfair with some serious authority to be in the mix for the champion hurdle in my opinion.

Last edited:
Defi will either impress in his prep and go to the Champion Hurdle, or he'll be an afterthought in the County if he fails to impress.

He will have far too much weight for a horse out of form, to worry the head of the County market.

I'm still holding out hope that Defi can still make it to the top.........but it is more hope than expectation at this stage.

Bet365

c91f2fa718c20488cf75eac1d9134a37.jpg

Looks good, have they been able to figure out what happen last month? If nothing, I assume like gravity he was bound to bounce after his 1st great performance from the long time absence.. otherwise he's on severe decline and retirement beckons.

I saw Gordon's horses having a public racecourse gallop, wonder if Mullins has something like that planned? Apparently Samcro entered in the Irish CH, along with Defi and BDair :ninja: Could be a repeat of 2016 if they all turn up, hopefully with Faugheen not picking an injury before the CH.

Not again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Media have nothing better to do with their time??

Buveur D'Air and Faugheen could clash in Irish Champion Hurdle

If Buveur D'air, Faugheen and Samcro are all confirmed runners in the ICH I'll book a last minute flight and if there are none available I'll swim there.

Last edited:
Back