• Buveur D'Air

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Faugheen

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aughex, my remarks about Mullins were in relation to nursing him back from injury and such a long lay off and then potentially win a CH. Sprinter Sacre was the only horse I’ve seen to comeback to anything near his old self after his issues but he was always freakish.

In the same manner if MTOY had beaten AP two seasons ago after missing so much time with a serious injury. It was still a brilliant training performance to get 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even SS didn't came back immediately, it took him a near to a year to finally regain his ability before injury.

I won't credit Mullins with anything the horse will do, just like I won't blame him if not the same horse. As a trainer thats his job to nurse him back but as I've mentioned he failed consistently with Faugheen in the past and only after defeat and injury he finally now understands the horse which is great but not a training feat given that its been with him for 5 years.

BDair is the one to beat and thats reflected into his odds, but lets not dismiss Faugheen so easily. If he comes back he'll be a major force. The ones I agree with you are Melon and Defi which odds are far less than you'd expect.

Last edited:
I'd lie if I say he was sedated, right? Or review why the BHA disqualified him from the race? And I'll stop mentioning it if you stop considering that a proper run, his form is completely upside down with couple of horses. Not saying he would've won either.. with that ride at least.

Last edited:
lol well a deserved win by me, first this week. I'm feeling so good that I'm about to lay Melon for tomorrow, how about that? But Coquin which I'm counting on spoiling the Ruby, gives him 3lbs..

I wouldn't necessarily put you off Coquin in that field, but feel he will be a better horse over 3m than 2m.

lol well a deserved win by me, first this week. I'm feeling so good that I'm about to lay Melon for tomorrow, how about that? But Coquin which I'm counting on spoiling the Ruby, gives him 3lbs..

As much as I feel he is no world beater laying him tomorrow when WPM will have him 119% fit is very dangerous

As much as I feel he is no world beater laying him tomorrow when WPM will have him 119% fit is very dangerous

melon recovered well from the blunder at the last to stick on well but not entirely convinced we're looking at a top 2m hurdler

I saw his pipe opener at Leopardstown with a few esteemed gents on here and there was no stopping him after the line - I think a step up in trip would definitely not inconvenience him

attachment.php

Greatwood entries, apologies for the size

Attachments

• Greatwood.jpg
    Greatwood.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Not convinced the top two will run, but still think CP is probably OK.

I backed him at 12's last week.......which is typical of how I've been going lately. Currently available at 14's, which is a strong each-way price.

Back