• Buveur D'Air

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Faugheen

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Loved his pipe opener last year and then based on that he flattered to deceive but I guess you could find excuses for that

NH keeps the faith

He is better than the JP horse i backed in this last year

Last edited:
Is it me, or does it potentially look like one of the best renewals of recent years? It's always competitive, but there is high percentage of nice prospects and progressive horses in the entries, with a an unusually high number of already proven class acts that aren't handicapped out of it. There aren't many at all that you'd dismiss out of hand.

If the race ends up like it has the potential to, it could prove to be a very important race in the formbook for later in the season.

If Defi runs, then maybe.

If he doesn't, I'd say it's representative, but no more than that.

I hope you're right, Paul, but for some reason, this race can often cut-up quite badly.

Last edited:
This is a champion hurdle thread so in the hope we see a credible contender for that race emerge, I'd like to see Defi Du Sueil hose up because the only other horses with the potential to line up with a chance in March IMVHO are Campeador and Divin Bere.

Charli Parcs has the potential to add himself to the list but he'd need to revert to the promise he showed in his 32Red win to do so.

Given Campeador is currently 3rd fav for the Morgiana the same day and the jury's still out on Charli Parcs, I'd want to be with Defi or Divin Bere as the more solid propositions at this stage but they're not without doubts themselves moving up from the juvenile division and are short enough at 10/1 already, so I'll wait until the day when a) I know they're confirmed runners and b) can get 5 or 6 place e/w terms.

Anything else wins and I'd probably dismiss it as an average renewal going forward, probably to my cost !

Last edited:
Defi drops out to contest FF, JP runs Camepador in Greatwood off top-weight, Charli Parcs wins 3L, and then disappoints again when upped in Grade next time.

Defi left in the entries for the Greatwood - which is a little surprising.

Would love to see him run there, held-up off a strong-pace in a big field. Shades of Foghorn Leghorn.

Mohaayed will go close. I've a decent bet at 12s, if Mcmanus could withdraw Defi I'd be delighted, obviously for purely selfish reasons! :)

Last edited:
I backed both him and Jenkins just for the value as neither will be the price on offer once the race cuts up and if they do run.

Hard to oppose Defi in any race but the h'capper has clobbered him for a juvenile.

He actually gave him 4lbs more that he gave Yanworth when he ran 2nd in the Neptune

Even at that he'll take some beating but you'd want him to be winning this if he is a serious Champion Hurdle contender as he is getting weight from the new One.

Jenkins will have loads of supporters as he was once thought of as a future champ by Seven Barrows and finished the season on a good note albeit in a dog race.

Elgin who already beat him was buried away at Ascot and came with a very strong run which would hold him in good stead round Chelters

He actually hit 19 on the home turn but was 2.68 by the time they jumped the last....At the weights he could be the biggest danger to Defi.

Defi would need to win very readily indeed, if he was to go favourite, and even then, I think it unlikely.

The books would clip him a couple of points all round (because that's what they do), but I can't see Defi usurping BDA; even if it is a command performance. And if Faugheen struts his old-school stuff on Sunday, then he'll be fave right the way through to the Festival, I reckon.

Last edited:
Back