The Road to the 2019 Champion Hurdle

Was that the year Binocular was went to Martinstown for a little sabbatical before returning much improved to the fray for the big day?

Didn't see that coming but while all the talk will obviously be of Samcro, full credit to Iain Jardine. This guy's a serious trainer and while not many UK trainers elect to send horses over he's nicked a nice couple of scalps there, and nearly 30k to boot.

I most certainly wouldn’t be lumping on a horse where there’s now a very distinct possibility his next racecourse outing could be over fences and up in trip.

Samcro is still a brilliant horse, he just needs to be given the right opportunity to show it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Exactly. One judges Grade 1 horses in Grade 1 races.

now is the time to lump on Samcro

He's 5/1 and that's a stinker of a price after a flat performance like that.

Horse was travelling ok but when asked to quicken some way out he found nothing.

It wasn't like he quickened as you would expect and then weakened he struggle to even put a length between him and a tiring horse.

Plus as the winner went past him his head went up which is something you don't want to see in a Champion Hurdle prospect.

Time will tell but he might not be anywhere near as good against seniors as he was against the kindergarten mob.

Don't know how many times I've said it on here but the jump from top Novice to CH is like trying to jump the grand canyon on a pushbike

Horse was travelling ok but when asked to quicken some way out he found nothing.

It wasn't like he quickened as you would expect and then weakened he struggle to even put a length between him and a tiring horse.

Plus as the winner went past him his head went up which is something you don't want to see in a Champion Hurdle prospect.

Time will tell but he might not be anywhere near as good against seniors as he was against the kindergarten mob.

Don't know how many times I've said it on here but the jump from top Novice to CH is like trying to jump the grand canyon on a pushbike

Clockwatchers creaming their jeans over it.

Just finished first time out 5l in front of a race fit 155 rated Galway Hurdle winner giving him 8lb in a very sharpish time.

Good post

Today was too bad to be true. He'll have another day and be race fitter for the morgiana.

Back