The Road to the 2019 Champion Hurdle

Hard to know what to make of him he was picked up way to easy there. 3 miles again could be the answer but with the young uns coming up he's going to struggle IMO

i'd be surprised if there's a big win left in him at any trip. would like to be proved wrong but will be looking elsewhere down the line.

i'd be surprised if there's a big win left in him at any trip. would like to be proved wrong but will be looking elsewhere down the line.

After the the way he ran in the Champion Hurdle this year how could anyone even consider backing him in a 2 mile race.

This is a good move and will tell them Champion Hurdle or novice chasing and they really need to know.

IMVHO If he does meet Buvi he'll be going chasing sooner than later plus I don't think he's witin 7lbs of the Champion Hurdler

Last edited:
I think Buv runs here unless ground has any type of firm in it. He has to, he needs the racing. Might Bite goes to Haydock Saturday to take on a top class field so no reason Buv doesn’t go here. It fits in perfectly, Newcastle, Kempton and something early spring before he bids for 3 champion hurdles.

Two miles around Newcastle on goodish ground will be a lot more suitable for the champ than Samcro who was pulled out for ground conditions at Punchestown the other day and got turned over by Bedrock at D’Royal. BD put in the most impressive performance of his career in the ‘17 champion when it was on the better side of good/soft. The notion he needs a bog is a false one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of rain at Newcastle today which bodes well with ground conditions for the Fighting Fifth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back