The Road to the 2019 Champion Hurdle

8 declarations in the International Hurdle

2ex8ri1.jpg

VDF is wrapping up more miles than a sex tourist

Thats a pretty poor race

SB may win or they may just pull stumps and aim him at the world hurdle before sending him chasing next year

Espoir Dallen is surely too big at 33/1, despite the fact he’ll be a 5 year old come March. Was clearly not right on his sole defeat last year as evidenced by not being seen out again but that was some turn of foot to put the mare away like that.

Big day for Champion Hurdle contenders but I am totally confused

Samcro 13/8 about a horse who has looked like a mere shadow of the hype laid upon him last year.

If I owned him and had been dreaming all year about winning the Champion Hurdle I'd be breaking my heart right now.

Mullins will be thinking one way or another. If he really thinks Melon can win the Champion Hurdle it might be slowly away

The fact Melon won this race 2 years ago makes me think he'll be spot on for today.

I reckon he could prove way too good for Samcro

Last edited:
I know a few of you aren't keen on these sort of bets but with Bet365 NRNB they've introduced hot novice Champ at 33/1 into their market. Currently there is probably 0.5% chance of him lining up I reckon and a certain set of circumstances probably need to take place before they'd consider throwing him in at the deep end. Firstly something would have to go wrong with Buveur D'air or he'd have to get turned over in the Contenders hurdle at Sandown which is supposedly his next stop before Cheltenham.

The 2nd part would be Champ putting in a performance that warrants an attempt at the Champion Hurdle. I.e perhaps hacking up in the Betfair off a mark of 150 or something like that.

99.5% of the time you're going to end up with a refund. 0.5% of the time you are going to end up with a cracking bet on your hands. You can't really lose he either doesn't turn up so you get refunded or if he does turn up he can never be 33/1 as he will have done something between now and then to make him one of the favourites. If you don't like tying up money until the festival then its probably not for you I've had the maximum I can get on. It might be possible to even trade out/cash out before the day if the rumour mill starts to churn before the big day which it usually will.

As you like.

Big day for Champion Hurdle contenders but I am totally confused

Samcro 13/8 about a horse who has looked like a mere shadow of the hype laid upon him last year.

If I owned him and had been dreaming all year about winning the Champion Hurdle I'd be breaking my heart right now.

Mullins will be thinking one way or another. If he really thinks Melon can win the Champion Hurdle it might be slowly away

The fact Melon won this race 2 years ago makes me think he'll be spot on for today.

I reckon he could prove way too good for Samcro

When a few more firms start to go NRNB I'm going to hit Melon and Supersundae at the best prices I can get 12's or above and I'm in.

I know a few of you aren't keen on these sort of bets but with Bet365 NRNB they've introduced hot novice Champ at 33/1 into their market. Currently there is probably 0.5% chance of him lining up I reckon and a certain set of circumstances probably need to take place before they'd consider throwing him in at the deep end. Firstly something would have to go wrong with Buveur D'air or he'd have to get turned over in the Contenders hurdle at Sandown which is supposedly his next stop before Cheltenham.

The 2nd part would be Champ putting in a performance that warrants an attempt at the Champion Hurdle. I.e perhaps hacking up in the Betfair off a mark of 150 or something like that.

99.5% of the time you're going to end up with a refund. 0.5% of the time you are going to end up with a cracking bet on your hands. You can't really lose he either doesn't turn up so you get refunded or if he does turn up he can never be 33/1 as he will have done something between now and then to make him one of the favourites. If you don't like tying up money until the festival then its probably not for you I've had the maximum I can get on. It might be possible to even trade out/cash out before the day if the rumour mill starts to churn before the big day which it usually will.

As you like.

Nowt wrong with the bet so long as it's NRNB. In the unlikely event that he does run he won't be 33/1. But if BDA is there he might not be much shorter than 20s. He won't go up from 150 for Saturday and he's maybe a 155-160 horse in the making this season, probably better again in the future. If he can win at Newbury off 150 he will probably go up to 160-ish but one of the big novice hurdles at the festival is usually the route with these types.

None of which matter, of course, with NRNB.

Looks like it’s an old injury too which would explain the well below par runs so far this season. Remarkable that he has never shown any signs of pain or discomfort with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Four horse race @ Sandown tomorrow. Contenders Hurdle job. Learn nothing only she’s still alive. Fair play to them going for the Champion Hurdle on the back of that.

Four horse race @ Sandown tomorrow. Contenders Hurdle job. Learn nothing only she’s still alive. Fair play to them going for the Champion Hurdle on the back of that.

did similar with annie

might be a chance for one more run before march but if she does go CH suspect she goes there unexposed and as a completely unknown quantity having beaten nothing of note

Back