The Road to the 2019 Champion Hurdle

Eight remain in the field for Saturdays Fighting Fifth. Heard from inside the Henderson camp last night that BD is only 75% fit for this so unsure if they’ll let him go. Very strange when you consider both BD and Summerville Boy had earmarked this as an early season target.

Granted they had no idea Samcro might rock up but Summerville Boy should have been enough to have him wound up for his seasonal reappearance.

All 3 on the drift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems unlikely as they are saying all systems are go.. Buvi is fit and well and ready to rumble so the only real doubt is Samcro but the CLAIM they are coming. Even if he turns up IMO he is overrated and wouldn't blow wind up the champs ass and SB needs to up his game by a stone

Last edited:
Lost about 4 lengths at crucial point in the Supreme which is the same distance he beat the 2nd at Sandown

However the overall form lacks any real depth

As decent as he is Paloma Blue wouldn't get within a hurdle of a Champion Hurdle winner.
Mengli Khan has let the form down as has Claimantakinforgan

Add to that the 2nd has gone chasing rather than chase the Champion Hurdle crown.

I reckon he's way too short at 4/1 against the reigning champ.

William Hill have suspended betting on the BetVictor Fighting Fifth until they get a Betfair Blog update following Betfair Exhange movements this morning. Unibet Champion Hurdle to be affected

Samcro on massive drift with twitter now doing the rounds he’s now going novice chasing.

Last edited:
Gordon Elliott has rubbished rumours Samcro will not run in the Fighting Fifth on Saturday. He said: "He definitely runs at Newcastle. He worked yesterday and all is good with him."

Could be tho that’s supposed to be well clear here in Ireland by this afternoon.

Jesus ******* H Christ lads. The horse is flying to ******* Newcastle.
He is flying on a Ryanair flight. Speculation is rife that he has priority boarding booked also so he can bring two carry on bags.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

I've a lot of respect and admiration for Elliott but they're at risk of making a real balls up with this horse.

Back