The Road to the 2019 Champion Hurdle

I reckon we or at least the royal we have overrated the horse and lost sight of the fact the transformation from novice to second season hurdlers is full of surprises.

None more than Buvi himself who looked set for a career over fences
until Nicky thought "Got one of those already"

I can remember thinking Dunguib was unbeatable.....that didn't exactly go to plan.

Your man O'leary said it himself "he's a good horse but I am not thinking he's the next coming" he may have summed it up perfectly

Don Cossack was the Samcro of his generation and he was written off by most

They should of went chasing for sure but i'd say much like with DC, GE will be told to curb the hype with these younger horses

The hype element is only getting worse year on year with the endless horses to follow lists spouting off about the next 400k p2p purchase which results in loads of people piling in ante post so they can brag about their early prices come March.

There are people talking about Malone Road as a potential Champion Hurdle horse for Gordon and the very same writing off Danny Kirwan after being beaten in a match in his first start over timber.

It's utter madness.

Laurina 11/8 fav for the International Hurdle next Saturday. I presume she has to go here with Melon taking on Samcro at Leopardstown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the Laurina will actually line up if the rain doesn't come going stick 7.2 yesterday. I'm thinking Brain power will probably be Henderson's only runner.

Are the decs later today for this ?

Last edited:
Euro's right. Most Saturday markets are suspended around this time on a Thursday/Friday (depending on final dec day).

Back