The Road to the 2019 Cheltenham Gold Cup

Native River now going straight to Gold Cup without a run before then

Obviously ground dependant but this equine flu drama could be a blessing in disguise for Native River. Last season’s prep seemed perfect for him and in my opinion, a hard race against Clan des Obeaux at Newbury last week or Ascot this, may have found him out come Gold Cup day. If the ground is soft on Gold Cup day then he’ll be my bet.

Owner quote

"All is good with Percy. He schooled this morning, and there no problems."

Various sources suggesting the Bobby Jo chase at Fairyhouse next weekend could be an option.

Appreciate there's still time but just came across a stat that says
[h=4]"No Gold Cup winner in the past 30 winners without a previous chase run that season." :ninja:[/h]

Managed to have a small each way play at 50-1 before the King George, so fingers crossed the horse stays safe and sound till 15th March

Very pleased with his Denman Chase Win today, especially as a lot of good judges in Lambourn thought Terrefort was back to his best

A 4 horse race at Ascot less than 4 weeks before the big one is in no way a perfect trial even though it was a good performance.

Native River is going to have more on his plate this year with the turnaround of CDO into a bit of a star and Presenting Percy holding his form well and possibly improving.

Couldn't sea past him last year but if the ground is on the fast side at all I would have to side with PN's new found star.

Surely the time has come to retire Coneygree and spend the rest of his days hunting or watching grass grow?

Simon Rowlands re Cyrname's race

"It was about 45.0s into Clan des Obeaux's race, so CdO was about 4.0s (nearly 20 lengths) slower for the final 21.11f of a 23.89f race."

Looking at the odds

Kemboy is the shortest of Willie's

Guessing though that Ruby will possibly choose Bellshill

Wondering if the Ruby factor could send Bellshill off shorter than Kemboy.

Surely especially if he wins anything during the week.
Two years ago the place was eerily quiet through Tuesday and Wednesday by Festival standards; Thursday normal service as measured in decibels was restored when Yorkhill, Un De Sceaux Nichols Canyon etc came in.

Surely especially if he wins anything during the week.
Two years ago the place was eerily quiet through Tuesday and Wednesday by Festival standards; Thursday normal service as measured in decibels was restored when Yorkhill, Un De Sceaux Nichols Canyon etc came in.

Mullins and Walsh won nothing the first 2 days. Then land a 4 timer with the ones above and I think Lets Dance in the Mares Novice.

Looking at the odds

Kemboy is the shortest of Willie's

Guessing though that Ruby will possibly choose Bellshill

Wondering if the Ruby factor could send Bellshill off shorter than Kemboy.

i'd go with kemboy if i was ruby, form is working out pretty well

Back