The Road to the 2019 Cheltenham Gold Cup

Willie, Patrick, Ruby and David Casey will be the main players in the process but Willie will make the final decision.

In any case, Ruby won a G1 on Bellshill two weeks ago and he hasn't ridden Kemboy in a race for over two years. Paul or David would be fine for Kemboy.

See Al Boum Photo doesn't have an entry for the bobbyjo at Fairyhouse this weekend.
I'm getting twitchy that he might miss the festival or do will he go there off the back of just one run?

They'd be mad to run him this close to the Festival now. He jumps a fence very well and he'll have had plenty of schooling so I'd take him straight there irrespective of what the stats say.

I'm a stats man, and without looking I can't think of a horse that's gone off as favourite or second favourite and hasn't had a run over fences that has been beaten in the last 30 years, so I'd say the stats are in his favour! Plus Willie has broken just about every Cheltenham stat going in recent years, so he's the one that's shown them the way!!!! :whistle::lol:

For all that I do like yours as an alternative Archie, and I'd certainly have him as easily the best chance of Willie's.

Last edited:
There are plenty in with chances Frankel.
I've got no strong opinion on the race at the moment, but won't be rushing to back a 7/2 shot who hasn't jumped a fence this season.
My bet will be swayed by the going nearer the time.

Last edited:
Presenting Percy is a stupid price. Clan Des Obeaux for me. He should be fav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I backed Might Bite shortly before Hendo announced how pleased he was with him after cauterising his soft palate (and also tweaking a "couple of other things?!") I took 28s and he's now about 18s which is probably fair. If I'm right in my assessment of the wind being an issue (I thought even in the GC last year it was as he came there cruising only for his head to go up and not get past NR), then I will be very happy!!

There are plenty in with chances Frankel.
I've got no strong opinion on the race at the moment, but won't be rushing to back a 7/2 shot who hasn't jumped a fence this season.
My bet will be swayed by the going nearer the time.

Certainly not ideal for Percy fans I agree.

The Fly may well tempt me in as an alternative.

The Fly! There's only one horse entitled to that appelation and he's not entered in the Gold Cup.

I backed Might Bite shortly before Hendo announced how pleased he was with him after cauterising his soft palate (and also tweaking a "couple of other things?!") I took 28s and he's now about 18s which is probably fair. If I'm right in my assessment of the wind being an issue (I thought even in the GC last year it was as he came there cruising only for his head to go up and not get past NR), then I will be very happy!!

Followed you in at 16/1 NRNB/BOG. Sickness insurance really. While I reckon he is probably by some way the best horse in the race I still worry that he looked too much like Wayward Lad last year for my liking.

I thought it was interesting too that the other day when people were still raving about Clan Des Obeaux Nicholls appeared to make a point of bringing Frodon into the conversation pretty much in the same breath.

Followed you in at 16/1 NRNB/BOG. Sickness insurance really. While I reckon he is probably by some way the best horse in the race I still worry that he looked too much like Wayward Lad last year for my liking.

I thought it was interesting too that the other day when people were still raving about Clan Des Obeaux Nicholls appeared to make a point of bringing Frodon into the conversation pretty much in the same breath.

Ditto!

Back