The Road To The 2021 Champion Hurdle

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great when a horse horse rips apart the very fabric of this community. The forum is very angry this week and I for one am really enjoying it...

Last edited:
I'm not detecting anger myself. Heat maybe.

Happy to hear both sides of the debate, especially when they're backed up with evidence.

Is it that you think I haven't seen the Fontwell, Ascot or Sandown races?

Yes I do think you have seen all his cliche's...ignorance is bliss..

Donald Trump would have loved you on his team...:lol:

Last edited:
Are you saying he was under pressure in the Fontwell race and that caused him to jump to his right?

Are you saying he was under pressure in the Fontwell race and that caused him to jump to his right?

He was at the end of his tether, blatantly tired, had the race sewn up that's quite apparent...but those behind are not the class of opponent he's going to meet in the champion...

Maybe the run's on the flat were an attempt by Moore to help the horse forget he likes to cliche to the right at the end of his races...

Last edited:
Yes I do think you have seen all his cliche's...ignorance is bliss..

Donald Trump would have loved you on his team...:lol:

Sure that doesnt even make a little bit of sense.

If you were to say that he is unsure jumping and needs to be organised, then you would be getting closer to a point to knock the horse. But no, cliche after cliche. The same ones that were there before the Triumph last year, and not updated for any new evidence. Jumped out to the right in the Kingwell apparently.

Sure that doesnt even make a little bit of sense.

If you were to say that he is unsure jumping and needs to be organised, then you would be getting closer to a point to knock the horse. But no, cliche after cliche. The same ones that were there before the Triumph last year, and not updated for any new evidence. Jumped out to the right in the Kingwell apparently.

The harder he races the more he will need to go down the fence at the finish...you only get 3/1 now to find out if he doesn't..

He was at the end of his tether, blatantly tired, had the race sewn up that's quite apparent...but those behind are not the class of opponent he's going to meet in the champion...

Maybe the run's on the flat were an attempt by Moore to help the horse forget he likes to cliche to the right at the end of his races...

Again, clueless. They werent the class of opponent that he met at Sandown, Ascot and especially not in the triumph and again at Wincanton. So your cliche that he jumps out to the right has actually been less prominent the higher class he has run against.

No sign in the International even when he was actually under the most pressure. Yet, not going to stop the cliche from continuing.

I did and it is the most ridiculous of your arguments.

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing...2373/join-totecouk-with-10-risk-free-handicap

View attachment 2592

Goshen after hanging to his right all the way up the full Goodwood straight having been under pressure from 3f out.

You obviously don't see the horse hanging from the 2 pole, which if it wasn't for Hyenna and before that the winner, would have been much more pronounced but you're mistaken in labelling it my argument as I don't really care because I'm not - and won't be invested - in the horse.

Knock yourself out with the 9/2

I don’t care how far out to the right he jumps, so long as he’s twenty lengths ahead when he does it

I don’t care if Goshen hangs right left or upside down. I just want him to win and I’ll be channelling all of my inner karma towards that. After the heartbreak of the Triumph and then Jamie having such a terrible injury when his wife was seriously ill, the god of racing owes him and me a moment of exhilaration. You’ll all be able to hear me screaming him home wherever you are if he looks like winning!

You obviously don't see the horse hanging from the 2 pole, which if it wasn't for Hyenna and before that the winner, would have been much more pronounced but you're mistaken in labelling it my argument as I don't really care because I'm not - and won't be invested - in the horse.

Knock yourself out with the 9/2

I posted the link to the race in the post. It is the most ridiculous of your arguments. With the confidence of the post, I'd expect it to be less full of nonsense.

He actually collided with Silver Streak in the International...Moore buried him amongst horses to see if it would stop him hanging..it didn't.
There were only 5 hurdles, he was cooked after the 4th.
They lied over a heart condition because they were non-plussed on the performance!

You don't see anything that doesn't fit your narrative...

The vet on course suspected there was a heart issue, when running their own tests, the Moores couldnt find anything.
He jumped the last in front, as shown in an earlier photo.

Where would Goshen have placed at the DRF?

It is good he gave us something to talk about and he'll make the race punting wise.

I'd say Abac is equally as soft but is classier.

A match bet between them would interest me

You beckoned?

I do wonder sometimes. I think at the drf on soft ground it would have been a cracking race between Goshen and honeysuckle. Would have been a completely different shape. As at Cheltenham Goshen will lead from 5f out and honeysuckle will go after him. On heavy or softer ground he breaks her, on better ground less certain.

The idea that he is somehow 'soft' like abracadbras is ridiculous. It's like I'm watching a different sport. It was only after I saw the state of the ground at wincanton that I punted on him. He is relentless. And can maintain a pace that few horses I've seen do. This was always there from when he first improved on the flat. The worse the ground, the harder the test, the more he wins by. The reason Song For Someone and Navajo Pass were left gasping for air was they couldn't stomach the test. Champion hurdle will be different. I just cannot see how anyone could put him in a dodgepot category.

I'll take all the even money match bet on abracadbras you have. I'd say abracadbras might be classier if you view classy as travelling off a strong pace and not finding. Abracadbras might outspeed him for 1/2f, but not over 2 and certainly not over 4.

There are several reasons why Goshen might not win at Cheltenham. He is 4/1, and it's a different test. But there isn't a horse in training that would have beaten him on Saturday, or got close to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back