The Road To The 2021 Champion Hurdle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another possibility being owners/trainers of front-runners would see little point in taking him on.

Maybe Reet, but there's no need to change tactics on Not So Sleepy, or Petit Mouchoir. You'd think Evan Williams will want to go forward with Silver Streak Given the tactics were a revelation at Christmas, and De Bromhead has a vested interest on putting Aspire Tower up there too.

I genuinely think it's a problem for Goshen. He's going to get no peace, and the closers are the ones that would benefit if it plays out the way it's likely to.

According to Elliot's stable tour, Petit Mouchoir goes for the County, page 20 of the Cheltenham 20/21 thread.

Attachments

• pm.jpg
    pm.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Just to add to that as I don't think I explained it too well. Jamie Moore may be happy for Not So Sleepy to give him a lead, but it becomes a problem if Aspire Tower is eyeballing him at the same time. Potentially Silver Streak too. He won't be able to sit off all three of them, and the one thing that's apparent to me is Goshen needs racing room. Essentially he has to go with the pace the others set, and there are too many keen front runners.

This is the much more articulate and better written version of me saying he is soft

Aspire Tower as long as he doesnt mow down a hurdle will be the kryptonite of Goshen

Hawk Wing will have a cardiac when he logs in to read all the posts. He won't know where to start! :lol:

I can buy into that, but with the exception of Petit Mouchoir....He will be there to upset Goshen and make sure its a real test for Abacadabras..
PM is no longer owned by gigginstown. He was bought by the Morans a few months ago

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Sacrifice a horse owned by big new investor to benefit the people getting out of the game?

Million to one

Why would it be a sacrifice...Have you ever known Petit Mouchoir to run differently than attack from the front...

He finished ahead of Silver Streak employing front running tactics last year...
Placed behind Beuveur D'air in his champion win...

Still only 9 years old

Last edited:
There is going to be an insane amount of pace in this CH, I reckon.

About 3/4s of the field either want to make it for a closer stable-mate, will want to make it because they’re confirmed front-runners, or will need to make it a true-run stamina test, because they stay further.

It has to be set-up for either one of the stayers or a closer, imo......in which case, I might end up backing Sharjah.

If I do, please don’t forget to shoot me immediately after the race. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
still in hope that abacabras does a jezki and leaves his season long form behind, gets his ground and a pace to aim at and produces something more like his supreme run and it's enough to win it, or at least place

probably a fools hope

About 3/4s of the field either want to make it for a closer stable-mate, will want to make it because they’re confirmed front-runners, or will need to make it a true-run stamina test, because they stay further.

It has to be set-up for either one of the stayers or a closer, imo......in which case, I might end up backing Sharjah.

It has gone from a below average to an intriguing race rather quickly

And certainly - lots of pace on

And how many purported pace horses have th class and the speed to lay up with Goshen,eh?

We clearly don’t know the answer to that question yet, reet, given both his runs in open company have been inconclusive on that score.

Unless you want to tell me something different?

Not a chance in hll that Goshen will set the pace.......he'll be up there but the idea is surely to kick from the 2nd last and cross fingers the wheels fall off Epatante and Honeysuckle....that is some ask

He was actually eased back, but because there were only five hurdles and non in the final 7 furlongs, he did look cooked, maybe he needs the hurdles..

I could say your not worth listening to. You call everything that is put up as an opinion, that's not in line with your thinking; a CLICHE...

I just realised that you haven't watched the races. I have posted a photo and a link to the video where he jumped the last in front. That was the normal second last, 2f from home.

It may be that you just dont watch horse racing.

The Old Course is a faster test, tighter and much sharper and less reliant on stamina, both have a steep uphill finish. The Triumph hurdle (New Course) often produces horses with stamina, it also favours the flat bred types with having such a long run to the last with so few jumps to make. Horses with a turn of foot are best suited to the Old course!

Goshen will have an advantage in pace-setting, but will he like turning left constantly?....we will have to wait and see...

edit: It's not just coincidental that all the speed races (2m) are run on the Old course over the first 2 days!

So the old course with the stiffer stamina test suits the flat bred horses.

I have never said it will slow him down Reet.

I have talked about the cliche of his jumping out to the right at the end of his races when under the most pressure, which could slow him. A length lost at the last jumping level with Honeysuckle or Epatante could just be the decider....That's also assuming he is in the same form as Wetherby, not his prior mysterious ventures...you want 3/1...you take it.

The stamina requirement for horses to keep up on tight turning tracks is much less of a requirement

Wincanton not Wetherby

Lads, seriously. This is the same Aspire Tower that ran in the triumph, in which neither Goshen or Aspire Tower led - Allmankind led. Goshen sat third.

The quicker the pace, the better. The harder the test the better. If you could have a series of pace setters to lead them to the second last, the more certain that Goshen wins. It is far far far more likely he wins in a furious pace than in a crawl. As I have said there are plenty of reasons why he wont win (it might be for talent), but being overly keen would be one of the fears. If he settles, he will be able to go at that faster pace for longer than anything. Those held up wont be able to cruise upsides and pick him off. No horse is going to want to give Goshen 10-15l, which is conceivably the case with the possible pace that could happen. If they do, they will lose. He will be four/five horses wide and a stronger pace will give him more room. He wont come back.

We clearly don’t know the answer to that question yet, reet, given both his runs in open company have been inconclusive on that score.

Apart from Allmankind, Aspire Tower, Navajo Pass and Song for Someone, what have the romans ever done for us?

Couldn't say without knowing the field and the ground.Little doubt a few of the pace horses will cry off from the challenge, though.

So the old course with the stiffer stamina test suits the flat bred horses.

I just realised you obviously haven't read it properly....You sound like a prick now and you're making it personal...

The Old Course is a faster test, tighter and much sharper and less reliant on stamina, both have a steep uphill finish. The Triumph hurdle (New Course) often produces horses with stamina, it also favours the flat bred types with having such a long run to the last with so few jumps to make. Horses with a turn of foot are best suited to the Old course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back