The Road To The 2021 Cheltenham Gold Cup

Henry not getting that much abuse for it. If it was Nicky twitter would be in meltdown calling him all sorts. Me included.

The race is worth 17k to the winner. Why would you run against ABP for that??

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Just what he needed, lovely round of jumping and got the job done!

What happened to Djingle, did he just down tools?

Set off at 100m sprint speed and couldn’t maintain it.

I wasn’t that impressed with Al Boum tbh. Did the job well enough and is the correct fav for the Gold Cup

I'm surprised he is 4/1 for the Gold Cup in most places, when you look at those against him in the betting, I am not sure where the danger would come from based on previous form and what we have seen so far this season.

I never fully understand the trainers who send out the horse to run turbo charged when it is as plain as day that the horse won't and cannot maintain the gallop

Al Boum was justas he is laid out to be - effortless and an easy day out

He didnt look wonderfully bothered by the day either. Glorified schooling session. All at Closutton will be happy

I'm surprised he is 4/1 for the Gold Cup in most places, when you look at those against him in the betting, I am not sure where the danger would come from based on previous form and what we have seen so far this season.

It's all half horses against him. It's more the number that will take him on is holding up the price. If he was a flashy sort he'd be 5/4.

The danger will come from horses who ran well at last year's Festival.
No matter how easy a season multiple GC winner's have each renewal takes something out of a horse, they leave something behind. Best Mate's third win was easily his least impressive performance.

True Euro.

However, when you look at the field, I am not sure who would be good enough to get past him, Santini will stay but that is all he will do, and Al Boum Photo would do him for toe if required. Champ is a bit of an unknown, his RSA form looks good from this year, but we haven't seen him yet and it will be interesting to see how he gets on in the Cotswold Chase.

Lost In Translation - well, I don't know what to predict with him, seems to have all the ability in the world, but something isn't quite firing with him.

I have always been a Kemboy fan and he looks worthy of an E/W poke, especially given his short defeat to A Plus Tard recently.

I still think the one to beat is Al Boum Photo.

Minella Indo is used to leading or at least sharing those duties. When he fell in the Savills he was behind horses and didn't answer the question Rachel asked of him. Imo the horses in front of him may been a tiny bit of a distraction. One thing is for certain, I have a large position on him for Cheltenham and if he's in behind rivals again in March I'll be getting some of my stake back IR

I see Imperial Aura showing blue on oddschecker with a few firms for the Gold Cup tonight. He's a very good horse and a proven animal over 2M4F+, if it was up to me I'd be tempted to run him in a three miler next time out as a trial for this.

It would definately add another dimension to this year's renewal.

It's probably unlikely but if Kim Bailey enters him in a 3 miler next time out as an experiment I'd love to take 40s and 50s for the Gold Cup.

Last edited:
I never fully understand the trainers who send out the horse to run turbo charged when it is as plain as day that the horse won't and cannot maintain the gallop

If it's that obvious the answer/reason to me is equally obvious: to ensure the horse doesn't win. Another day/race in mind.

Minella Indo is used to leading or at least sharing those duties. When he fell in the Savills he was behind horses and didn't answer the question Rachel asked of him. Imo the horses in front of him may been a tiny bit of a distraction. One thing is for certain, I have a large position on him for Cheltenham and if he's in behind rivals again in March I'll be getting some of my stake back IR

Good comment.

Not a hold up horse but luckily the GC will have a stronger pace

Back