The Road To The 2021 Cheltenham Gold Cup

I guess the know they aren’t going to win a GC with Santini so it would make sense from a Hendo point of view and JP didn’t replace Barry so it’s logical that Nico rides him at home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem they are gonna have is if the Cotswold Chase is abandoned this weekend and they don't reschedule it, then the Denman in a couple of weeks is going to be really competitive.
Hendo likes his trials to be 3 or 4 runner schooling sessions.

Problem they are gonna have is if the Cotswold Chase is abandoned this weekend and they don't reschedule it, then the Denman in a couple of weeks is going to be really competitive.
Hendo likes his trials to be 3 or 4 runner schooling sessions.

And he wants more of them.

I find he literally hates races were his horse isn’t a 1/6 shot running against no hope handicappers.

I'd say of all the trainers he's the one who's been most affected by the ever increasing lure of the Cheltenham festival.

Nicholls for example seems to have any number of targets throughout the season and sees where he is early in the year with regards March but Hendo nowadays seems to works backwards and then moans when his very particular plans are affected by the winter weather.

I might be imagining things but I think what is now called the Contenders hurdle was created because one of his horses couldnt find a suitable opportunity.

Was the Otley Hurdle in the 80’s -fairly sure See You Then won it.

Yeah. I figured that i got it wrong after i posted. Gainsborough chase/Agfa chase card. Im pretty sure due to whining from Henderson that a conditions race was staged after a period of bad weather. Thought it was run at Sandown but I'm probably misremembering that as well.

Yeah. I figured that i got it wrong after i posted. Gainsborough chase/Agfa chase card. Im pretty sure due to whining from Henderson that a conditions race was staged after a period of bad weather. Thought it was run at Sandown but I'm probably misremembering that as well.

Rings a bell with me too Hawk Wing.
Was it Kempton and Punjabi?

Santini wouldn't be fit enough for today. Hendo keeps telling us he struggles to give him enough work to get him fit. I reckon he'll be chuffed with that performance.

Great to see Native River back in form too and he seems to bring out the best in Johnson rather than the other way round :)

MEDICS :lol:

:)

*cough*

Had twenty at between 90 and 95 but while it sounds sexy enough, this position was sort of what I was expecting. It’d have to be terrible ground for him to stand a chance but I wont lay off because a) it was a score and b) it’d be great to see.

*cough*

Had twenty at between 90 and 95 but while it sounds sexy enough, this position was sort of what I was expecting. It’d have to be terrible ground for him to stand a chance but I wont lay off because a) it was a score and b) it’d be great to see.

Have you backed him e/w?

I reckon I can kiss my Gold Cup bets on Minello Indo goodbye. He just doesn't jump well enough in that class, especially when the pressure's on.

The brother will be chuffed though. I backed Kemboy at 25/1 for him the other day. He fancied it would win this and shorten up.

Last edited:
I reckon I can kiss my Gold Cup bets on Minello Indo goodbye. He just doesn't jump well enough in that class, especially when the pressure's on.

The brother will be chuffed though. I backed Kemboy at 25/1 for him the other day. He fancied it would win this and shorten up.

Ryan Air surely...

Back