The Road to the Queen Mother

The runner-up will go for the Ryanair.

With a further step up in trip very likely next season. I think the younger Kauto will be a nice horse over staying trips next year, especially with a bit of ease in the ground.

With a further step up in trip very likely next season. I think the younger Kauto will be a nice horse over staying trips next year, especially with a bit of ease in the ground.

No denying he's talented. His jumping is too sketchy for me though. There are others I'd fancy a lot more round Cheltenham. I have to continue to be against this horse. He'll no doubt win something, but is unlikely ever to be good value.

No denying he's talented. His jumping is too sketchy for me though. There are others I'd fancy a lot more round Cheltenham. I have to continue to be against this horse. He'll no doubt win something, but is unlikely ever to be good value.

Well, given his connections, you probably have a point re betting. Then again, I don't bet regularly so that's less of a concern to me.

I'm less interested about Cheltenham as there are plenty of nice races around in the UK and Ireland.

Sizing Europe, though, I'm definitely on his side for Cheltenham.

So easy to forget. A completely underrated beast of a horse.

The only time I have ever got on my knees in front of a television and said please was with about 6 furlongs to run in that race when he was absolutely tanking along.
I enjoyed today -very modest bet -but thought he was the best in the race by a long way.Lynch is fairly cool in the saddle -looking forward to watching it again after all this reality tv rubbish is finished.

The only time I have ever got on my knees in front of a television and said please was with about 6 furlongs to run in that race when he was absolutely tanking along.
I enjoyed today -very modest bet -but thought he was the best in the race by a long way.Lynch is fairly cool in the saddle -looking forward to watching it again after all this reality tv rubbish is finished.

You were banging on about him before the Greatwood. Were you on for fortunes at 20/1 or something?

You were banging on about him before the Greatwood. Were you on for fortunes at 20/1 or something?

Backed him at 20s after Greatwood -on the morning of Irish Champion Hurdle I backed him to do the double at 25s or 33s for a decent amount.Add in a few small doubles here and there and it would have been my biggest ever result by a long way.
I'd say I was the only happy man when Cheltenham was abandoned the next day.

Good day?
Great day, thanks.

Backed the Henderson yoke in the first, and Poungach. A double with SE and Al Ferof at morning prices and 4 lnes up in the placepot yet only won a very small amount, bizarre.

Sizing was excellent, looked great beforehand, very fit and well. He was very impressive and good of Lynch tobring him back to parade in front of the stands, he got a great reception.

Best part of the day was that horse in the handicap hurdle who got up when the screens were round him, to huge cheers - fantastic.

My 7 year old daughter was at a book launch this morning and I only got home in time to see the race before the Tingle Creek.Going to spend an hour going through the highlights as soon as I'm a celebrity is finished
Surprised that Al Ferof only won by a neck.

He jumped fantastically well, credit to the runner up. Think Al Ferof may need a stronger pace.

Granger, guess who my new favourite horse is? :p

Good. I have done my work here. He is largely under appreciated

I think he was never the same horse post Cheltenham champion hurdle mind. He is still a superb animal but imo he could have been even better frightenly enough

Backed him at 20s after Greatwood -on the morning of Irish Champion Hurdle I backed him to do the double at 25s or 33s for a decent amount.Add in a few small doubles here and there and it would have been my biggest ever result by a long way.
I'd say I was the only happy man when Cheltenham was abandoned the next day.

I backed SE for the Greatwood/CH double in the Ladbrokes in Birmingham airport before flying home after racing in Chelt on the sat - I had just had a good weekend (Tipperary All Star helped a lot if I remember). It would have been a massive collect :blink:

Apparently Hobbs said after the Paddy Power that Wishfull Thinking was still having problems with his breathing despite having had two operations and also wearing a tongue tie.

Sizing Europe, though, I'm definitely on his side for Cheltenham.[/QUOTE]

Katherine,100% with you there; clear round unbeatable

Last edited:
...while I'm glad I backed him at the weekend, I wouldn't have thought he did anymore than was expected. I would doubt he's home and hosed for March.

Who do you think will put it up to him and why?

Depends who lines up. But I’d be hopeful that Captain Chris (who I backed earlier in the year) and Finian’s could both come on enough to give him a race, then there are Big Zeb, Noble Prince (who I quite like) and possibly Master Minded to consider. Looks wide open to me until we know for sure who’s going for what.

Noble Prince is not a 2miler and Master Mindeds days as a top 2 miler are surely no more. I cannot see BZ reversing last years result (he did turn him over at Punchestown mind)

That leaves CC and FR. They have a hell of a lot to prove come March

Back