The Two Mile Chase thread

Went heavy on UDS. Not a nice feeling when you're doing your dough and everyone is cheering. I've always been on the wrong side of SS every single feckin time!

That's how I will remember The Black Aeroplane.

Times are interesting, douvan had them all beat, not sure he would be finishing that fast if he'd tried to stick with those three in the middle of the race though, they were flying. Be brilliant if they meet next year

That was just glorious to see, absolutely heartwarming.

What a superb racehorse and what a great training performance to get him back to his best.

The way he went past UDS was brilliant, cracking performance and a lovely ride from NDB.

It almost felt like Un De Sceaux was broken turning in when Sprinter Sacre went by him.

Despite how amazing Sprinter Sacre was, I do think that Ruby wasn't exactly animated on UDS, did he know he would find nothing? We know he stays further than 2m so it seemed a little strange for Ruby to just let Sprinter Sacre breeze past him like he did and not really get after him.

Too early to say for sure but I think he's been found out today.

His best victories came against God's Own and Sire De Grugy and look where they finished.

He looked suspiciously ordinary in the Arkle and Sire De Grugy is way too unreliable to use as a guide.

Said all this before the race so if something did go amiss throw eggs :cool:

Will watch it again later, but wouldn't write UDS off just yet, he's still young.
If anything there'll be value in the anti-post price between now and early-middle next season.

Last edited:
Chuffed to bits for the horse, Fist and all the forumites lucky enough to witness the race live. What a spectacle!

just got back from Cheltenham

What a moment that was, and Cheltenham greatest moment since 1989

Magic, pure magic:)

Back