The Two Mile Chase thread

Fox Norton has left Neil Mulholland after being purchased for an undisclosed sum by Ann and Alan Potts and has joined Colin Tizzard. Possible runner in the Shloer Chase next weekend.

Fox Norton, Simonsig, Special Tiara, Garde La Victoire and Sizing Granite among the 12 entered for the Shloer Chase at Cheltenham on Sunday

Fancy Special Tiara quite strongly for the Shloer. Saw the 5s and had a little on, not much as I worry it may not be the plan. But it seems logical to run here given the penalties others carry rather than take Sacre/Douvan on.

Looking back at the QM his performance that day would have won the previous year's renewal so not sure if he's improved or not. Simonsig has to be opposed whoever turns up.

Fancy Special Tiara quite strongly for the Shloer. Saw the 5s and had a little on, not much as I worry it may not be the plan. But it seems logical to run here given the penalties others carry rather than take Sacre/Douvan on.

Looking back at the QM his performance that day would have won the previous year's renewal so not sure if he's improved or not. Simonsig has to be opposed whoever turns up.

I really like Special Tiara but any juice in the ground will go against him. I also think he;s a much better Spring horse.

Fair points, there are negs about the race, but the price in relation to the opposition makes up for it. If he repeats his Tingle Creek form from last year I think that will be enough.

Fancy Special Tiara quite strongly for the Shloer. Saw the 5s and had a little on, not much as I worry it may not be the plan. But it seems logical to run here given the penalties others carry rather than take Sacre/Douvan on

Quoted from De Bromhead in yesterday's RP strongly suggest it is the plan and there's nothing to suggest that will change.

Of course a deluge may cause a rethink.

He's one helluva bet at 7/2 let alone 5/1... You'd have to think Simonsig is highly unlikely to bounce back to anywhere near his best. The exuberance is still there but is not in his favour plus being off so long takes it toll on speed... so now he runs with 2 worries round his neck.

Douvan disposed of Fox Norton like he was a selling plater. There was just no response/ziltch like you would expect from a horse like Special Tiara who has taken on the best around.

I can't have Foz Norton I think someone has caught a bit of Tizzarditis and he should be twice his odds.

I'd be more worried about V Valtat of PN who has been a bit overfaced and may find this more to his liking

The worry with VV is that he was stepped-up to intermediate trips, because he didn't really have the toe to worry them at the minimum.

Although I'm usually cautious when it comes to early-season form, Fox Norton looks pretty-much stuck-on to me.

If Simply Ned has run to his best form today you'd have to say Fox Norton looks the biggest danger to Douvan in the Champion Chase. I think the 8/1 is more than fair and there's no knowing how much more improvement he might have in him.

What kind of fuccking cert must he have been last time in a handicap off 146?!

Simply Ned ran a similar sort of race behind Uxixandre a couple of years back so I think FN is the real deal. Agree that 8/1 is very fair, there is very little substance in the QM market and it's far from cast iron that Douvan goes there.

Normally really enjoy this meeting but Simonsig passing and Sprinter retiring has put me in a downer.

Special Tiara fell in a heap on his seasonal debut last year so not necessarily to be taken literally .

I wonder whether Sprinter Sacre's retirement may change things ? Mullins was clear UDS would avoid Sprinter - if Douvan does step up in trip UDS comes back into the reckoning for the CC .

I personally would prepare UDS for the Queen Mother but only run him if the ground was soft. I don't see Douvan in the Gold Cup and Ricci surely won't put up with another Ryanair.

It's such a **** rotten race I don't think it will matter what the ground is like.

Poor Simonsig is gone and Sprinter has retired which leaves Douvan who should be 1/10 if he's going to run.

As we know Mullins is far from being an open book and he will no doubt have a planning session now.

A meeting between him Ricci and O'Grady could result in Vroum Vroum Mag going QMCC UDS Ryanair and Douvan going Gold Cup. Who knows?

Mullins has got complete control of the QMCC and could win it with any of the 3.

Good performance by Fox Norton yesterday but Douvan is 2 stone better than him, I would really worry about Special Tiara who may well have had enough and there nothing else on the horizon or even near it.

If Simply Ned has run to his best form today you'd have to say Fox Norton looks the biggest danger to Douvan in the Champion Chase. I think the 8/1 is more than fair and there's no knowing how much more improvement he might have in him.

What kind of fuccking cert must he have been last time in a handicap off 146?!

Vaniteux is off 154 tomorrow and he clearly was a better horse than Fox Norton last year.

Back