The Two Mile Chase thread

Two mile and a bit at Aintree. He's not staying 2 and a half at Huntingdon. Similar course to Ascot, and he didn't stay that at 2 and a half, mate.

Heard Gary Moore on the RP Podcast - he said ' SDG is a far better work horse than Ar Mad, over 2.5miles Ar Mad would kill him but over 2, SDG was a much classier hurdler so shouldn't be written off'

WPM on Douvan

“Hopefully he will be able to run soon. He is entered for both the Tingle Creek and the Hilly Way. Un De Sceaux is also in at Sandown so we’ll see how things work out this week. But I would imagine Douvan would run in one of the two,” said Ireland’s champion trainer.
“The other route to go would be the John Durkan [run at Punchestown on Sunday week] but we have Djakadam for that. If they had different owners they might take each other on. But for now at least I think Douvan will stay at two miles,” Mullins added.

If he runs, that is a mad price.

Anyone going at all? Me and a few mates will be in the Grandstand, but it would be lovely to say hello to anyone from here who may be attending.

Am I the only one that thinks this price-crash means Douvan probably won't travel?

Maybe I'm too cynical.

I said it at the end of last season...........Tingle Creek, King George, Gold Cup all on the cards.

I should add as right as I may turn out to be, I don't have a penny on him for the Tingle Creek :mad:

Really hope he turns up even if it does look a damn ordinary renewal

Back