The Two Mile Chase thread

Ground is good so I imagine that is why he, rather than UDS, is the preferred candidate .

Last edited:
I don't believe that Douvan would have been in the running for this but for Sprinter's retirement . They would have stayed at home and primed him for Cheltenham .

That's fair comment when there are plenty good prizes at home. The horse will have done his last piece of serious work yesterday or at the lastest today so there's very little to stop Mullins saying yes he runs or no he doesn't.

It will be a big step up in class for Douvan but I reckon to him all challengers come the same and he'll come up with what is required to brush them aside with ease. If he does run at Sandown rather than waiting for the Hillyway it could be an indication that the King George is possibly on the cards.

Against that the Desert Orchid and the Clarence house could be easy pickings and are worth the same as the King George and good preps for the QMCC. The very reason Nicky never cared to run Sprinter in the King George was it could have been very expensive to find out if he stayed or not. The best time to step Douvan up could be at the end of the season at Aintree

Couple hundred quid available at better than EVS on Douvan this morning on the machine, while UDS seems to have shortened. UDS now best price 7/2 with the bookies too. There may be a further twist in this tale yet!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Couple hundred quid available at better than EVS on Douvan this morning on the machine, while UDS seems to have shortened. UDS now best price 7/2 with the bookies too. There may be a further twist in this tale yet!

And nobody will be surprised.

Who needs soap operas......Mullins decision making makes for great drama

Ar Mad will crush Mullins dreams and the one left home will be his only hope for the CC. I hope Douvan comes over and stop the hype sooner rather than later. But then if Douvan wins then UDS will be sent God knows in what country because they'll think he can't beat Douvan. But if UDS comes over and Ar Mad beats him, then again UDS will be sent to France. The only way this ends up good is either UDS comes over and wins, or Douvan comes over and loses. That way there's a shot that we can see them clash in the CC. But wait, if Douvan gets beat they'll send him Ryanair. Maybe its best the whole meeting gets canceled :lol:

IF? effin IF? That's blasphemy that is:lol: Douvan is the Thor of horse racing. A supreme specimen that we have never seen the likes of and defeat is out of the question.

From now on you better get used to not asking is he will win but by how far will he win.

Ar Mad wouldn't blow ind up his ass we are talking chalk and cheese man.

Vaniteux are not bad yardsticks and he says that Ar Mad is what he is a 155-157 rated horse leaving him 12lbs plus short of what Douvan is capable against houses he beats without drawing breath.

He is IMO capable of much much more than any of Satrurdays rivals can muster and it will be a walk in the park for him

Anyway only Mullins seems to know what's what which is damn ridiculous this late in the week

Even if he said he was waiting to see what the weather does it would be something

I would but there's no need, just look above your post. There's an entire collection not only from Tanlic. They're hyping the horse and as far as I'm aware thats called hype. No form gives him the edge over UDS for instance if we're talking about facts.

From now on you better get used to not asking is he will win but by how far will he win
I hope that, unlike Grass, you're used to me calling out your hype of this horse, until he actually does it. That's only fair right?

I would but there's no need, just look above your post. There's an entire collection not only from Tanlic. They're hyping the horse and as far as I'm aware thats called hype. No form gives him the edge over UDS for instance if we're talking about facts.

Who are "they"? You sound like McCrirrick.

Pretty sure we've already done this, but let me remind you. Hype is defined as follows:
"Promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its benefits."

Douvan is 11/12 in Rules starts, and 10/10 since joining Mullins. In the two seasons he has raced for Mullins, he has gone undefeated, and won the recognised 2m novice-hurdling Championships in both the UK and Ireland, and the recognised 2m novice-chasing Championships in both the UK and Ireland.

Douvan is no more "hyped" than Sprinter Sacre was at the end of his novice-chasing season, or Moscow Flyer, or Azertyiuop, or Well Chief. Indeed, he is no more hyped, than any other undefeated Championship-winning novice chaser.

Douvan is not yet exposed. Un De Sceaux is - no matter how much you would like it to be different. Get over it, FFS.

Last edited:
Aughex what Hype? Douvan is Pegasus reincarnated God just forgot to give him wings :0) All I am saying is he will outdo Arkle himself and be the greatest National Hunt horse of all time....Now where is there any hype in that humble statement?:whistle:

Last edited:
Ruby's blog on PP

"
Willie Mullins will make a decision on Douvan running in Saturday’s Tingle Creek Chase at declaration time, but whoever priced him at 4/1 and 5/1 ante-post was mad in the head anyway.
He’s the odds on favourite for the Champion Chase, is unbeaten since he joined us in Closutton, and we’ve never made any secret of how highly we rate him and the reigning champ Sprinter Sacre was retired a few weeks ago.

Gary Moore’s Ar Mad put in a hell of a performance here last year, but hasn’t run since February after getting injured, while his stable-mate Sire De Grugy is rising 11 in a month’s time. Most of the others are also more exposed.
If the bookmakers decided for some reason to price Douvan like he wasn’t going to run, that’s their problem. Not ours. I expect him to run a big race if he takes part, but I also expect Un De Sceaux to do the same if he runs.
Don’t forget Willie Mullins entered both at the initial entry stage and hadn’t said anything to contradict that, before the bookies’ alarm bells started ringing yesterday."

I've ended-up backing God's Own at 6/1.

I'm not convinced either of the Mullins horses will appear, and I'm happy to take on Ar Mad first-time-out, and Sire De Grugy too - mainly because his handicap win a couple of weeks back, might have taken a bit out of him, and he is rising 11yo.

God's Own will get his ground, and always runs his race. It might just be good enough.

Last edited:
Ruby respected Sprinter Sacre a lot more than the bookies did this year - sadly we will never know what would have happened .

I've ended-up backing God's Own at 6/1.

I'm not convinced either of the Mullins horses will appear, and I'm happy to take on Ar Mad first-time-out, and Sire De Grugy too - mainly because his handicap win a couple of weeks back, might have taken a bit out of him, and he is rising 12yo.

God's Own will get his ground, and always runs his race. It might just be good enough.

This looks a good opportunity for God's Own alright. Hope he's not rerouted to Huntingdon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
All this race has done for me is act as a timely reminder to stick to my late March vow to leave festival AP betting alone.

Walsh commented today on how bookies were mad to initially offer 5/1 about Douvan, pricing him up like he wasn't going to run but with no clues whatsoever coming from Closutton people had to guess.

And then on the other hand if Willie suggests something is going to happen and he changes his mind he's crucified so he remains tight lipped - clearly more than ever since the Vautour episode.

It's nobody's fault really, just a culmination of things but it shows when we're 48 hours away from a race with only a handful or so declared that we've small chance predicting 3-4 months away.

Anyway.

Ar Mad is short for a horse who has to prove he can tackle open company and is coming back from injury.

Gods Own I love (see Punchestown and Aintree threads from earlier in the year) and the ground and reversion to 2m will be perfect but you have to think he'd struggle to beat Douvan. He could however possibly beat Un De Sceaux but he'd be priced accordingly if Douvan is a confirmed NR.

In the past Sire De Grugy has loved this place - as one would expect from his local trainer - and he looked nearly as good as ever LTO but he's plenty to find on recent runnings with Gods Own and Un De Sceaux and Gods Own rarely underperforms over this trip.

Vbrato Valtat, Sir Valentino and The Game Changer are simply not good enough.

In summary Douvan wins if he runs but Gods Own would be the bet right now e/w based on the fact that it's hard to see all of Douvan/or Un De Sceaux, Ar Mad AND Sire De Grugy finishing in front of him when we're getting 3 places.

But we don't even know for certain that Gods Own goes here... FFS this is punting hell... what time is the Becher ?

EDIT : Just noticed that all of the mainstream bookies are paying 2 places only, even with 8 currently entered despite NOT offering NRNB.

In an era of AP lows this is pretty low.

Last edited:
That's just beyond disgraceful isn't it. As well as being just flat out morally wrong, there has to be some rule against that surely...!?!

Last edited:
What about the one through Simply Ned via Fox Norton

FN is a different animal this season, he went up 20 pounds on official ratings, 18 on RP scale and 17 on TF. He is at least a stone better animal, only someone clutching at straws would take his novice form and automatically raise Douvan's. If that happen during one season sure, but there's been the summer, the horse clearly improved from last season.

Back