The Two Mile Chase thread

Obviously I intimidate you and that is why you talk past me and try to get the support of others to take your side....I on the otherhand never talk past a fellow poster as it is the height of ignorance.

My intention is to make myself clear as possible so that the conversation can move forward, but that proves hard with you given that I have to correct you in almost every single post. Here's another, Douvan wasn't rated 165 by the official handicapper, he was rated 161 at the end of hurdling novice season. If anyone objectively watches Faugheen Punchestown race and put that in comparison with any of Douvan's performances as a novice, there's no denying who had the scope to put up a stone higher figure than what he's been actually rated. Faugheen would smoke and roast Douvan by the time he even starts to accelerate. As for quoting Patrick and Willie, well thats how the hype started in the first place, so whats the point? Maybe you missed the Ruby quote at the end of 2015 season - not in January, in which he's asked if Douvan would come anywhere close to Faugheen, look it up above its in video as well so you can see his reaction :)

There is no getting through to you.......Gawd you are dumb

You obviously don't read anyone's posts but your own..........I commented on the video uploaded in May 2015 even reposted the link, pointing out to you that he was joking and why..... but it went right over your silly head.........no one who understands the Queens English would think he was serious......I will repeat it for you...Ruby was cracking a joke dumbass:mad:

-Hey, jockey of these horses, might B get close to A?
-No, I'd say C could get close.. but he won't have to HAHA

This should be made joke of year at your mental health facility of choice.

Last edited:
Douvan to me is clearly in a different league to anyone with thistlecrack the only one in the same parish. He seems never to need to get out of second gear. Faugheen to me looks like a chaser and if he was in any other yard would have been looked on as a gold cup horse. Not looking good for faugheen,annie power or artic fire getting to Cheltenham. Such a shame we are not seeing these champions on the track.

I'd love to know Pricewise LSP on Festival ante-post races over the last 15 years. Anyone have the stats?

To be fair to him he openly admits he didn't want to.

Ridiculous waste of time and materials running an ante post special on this race and it shows a complete lack of out-of-the-box thinking by the paper for not making a decision to scrap this race from this year's AP schedule and focus on a different one such as the JLT, which has the the potential to be the most interesting of the novice chases - if you consider the Arkle a two horse clash, the Albert Bartlett or even the Cross Country for fecks sake rather than waste time on a race with a 1/3 jolly and a second fav who's coming back from injury.

I'd disagree, for those looking for ew multiples the race has a great shape to it. If you can back anything outside the top 2 ew with 3 places and they show up on the day you are on to a good thing. Likely to have 5/6 runners in the champion with a big field in the Ryanair.

Those that had Fox Norton at huge prices for the arkle last year will attest!!

What I'm trying to say is there is a difference between a race being interesting in a general sense and being an interesting potential betting opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

To be fair to him he openly admits he didn't want to.

Ridiculous waste of time and materials running an ante post special on this race and it shows a complete lack of out-of-the-box thinking by the paper for not making a decision to scrap this race from this year's AP schedule and focus on a different one such as the JLT, which has the the potential to be the most interesting of the novice chases - if you consider the Arkle a two horse clash

Surely if the Arkle is a two horse clash then the JLT is one!

I'd disagree, for those looking for ew multiples the race has a great shape to it. If you can back anything outside the top 2 ew with 3 places and they show up on the day you are on to a good thing. Likely to have 5/6 runners in the champion with a big field in the Ryanair.

Those that had Fox Norton at huge prices for the arkle last year will attest!!

What I'm trying to say is there is a difference between a race being interesting in a general sense and being an interesting potential betting opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

There'd be times when I would agree but if you read his article - and I assume you have given you knew who he'd selected - it's perfectly clear that he doesn't want to make a selection.

He doesn't even bother mentioning the horses who fall into the bracket you're talking about and those next in the betting after Fox Norton. Horses like Gods Own, Special Tiara and Ar Mad.

If he's no interest and / or opinion do not waste the fecking time, just say so and move onto a different race. He berates the fact he has to do this constantly on podcasts and gets criticized continuously for his ever decreasing ability to do this properly given the continual situations like the one at Closutton, so at least allow him to focus on a race he has strong or even moderate opinion on.

I don't follow tipsters, nor do I suspect do you, but who's going to be interested in his selections when they're so obviously negative and full of ifs and buts ?

and that is my real gripe with the series for the paper's defiant "we cover this race every year so we must do it this one too" attitude.

But he covers the Arkle every year and it's on the schedule this year. He doesn't cover the JLT and it's a much better betting heat at this point than the Queen Mum.

Think he's doing the Ryanair tomorrow. Hopefully that floats your boat a bit more.

I don't really pay any attention to them Frankel and my earlier criticism is more a way of defending Segal - not that he needs me defending him I'm sure, when he's putting up selections in races that are nigh on impossible to find an angle.

He's going to have similar problems with the Ryanair because he hasn't stopped moaning about the juicy AP ticket he was holding about Valseur Lido last year only to see Vautour parachuted in at the last minute.

Somebody mentioned in one of the other threads that this series is out of touch with the current market where festival targets are so uncertain and that's sort of my point so it's no surprise to see him having wild stab in the darks such as Tell Us More and Superb Story.

I don't really pay any attention to them Frankel and my earlier criticism is more a way of defending Segal - not that he needs me defending him I'm sure, when he's putting up selections in races that are nigh on impossible to find an angle.

He's going to have similar problems with the Ryanair because he hasn't stopped moaning about the juicy AP ticket he was holding about Valseur Lido last year only to see Vautour parachuted in at the last minute.

Somebody mentioned in one of the other threads that this series is out of touch with the current market where festival targets are so uncertain and that's sort of my point so it's no surprise to see him having wild stab in the darks such as Tell Us More and Superb Story.

Neither do I though never mind seeing another view on it.
So who does he stick up?

Emmm. Yep heard Gold Cup mentioned.
Maybe the thought of leaving the National in Gold Cup may sway them. Maybe not!

Back