The Well Worn Road To The Champion Hurdle (2016)

When is a breathing op not a breathing op? "We are not hearing anything - but we'll just do it anyway" The last thing that horse needs is more air. He needs a good dose of St Johns Wort.

To steal a line from the TFF podcast, Nicky Henderson needs a ******* wind operation. He does talk some shite sometimes.

Food for thought

2/5 Faugheen who could fall, break down, be brought down etc etc etc. and over 3 million + will be traded on Betfair alone

Lio Di Caprio 1/19 can't be brought down Brie Larson 1/8 won't fall and hasnone ziltch opposition and if the Revenant don't win best picture 1/3 there's no moon in the sky at night.

Odds 4/7 the Treble

Makes you wonder why anyone would back Faugheen at that price.

Food for thought

2/5 Faugheen who could fall, break down, be brought down etc etc etc. and over 3 million + will be traded on Betfair alone

Lio Di Caprio 1/19 can't be brought down Brie Larson 1/8 won't fall and hasnone ziltch opposition and if the Revenant don't win best picture 1/3 there's no moon in the sky at night.

Odds 4/7 the Treble

Revenant is over indulgent pish. It prob will win the Oscar but it shouldn't. Spotlight is a much better film. Artic Fire (just to keep it on topic)

Food for thought

Odds 4/7 the Treble

He's gone into most accumulators i'd imagine which would account for a lot of that trade and ultimately shortened him to 1/3. Same with Yanworth, immediately after that Cheltenham trial win 4/1 for the Neptune was available, he's odds on in most places now with best price evens floating around all simply down to the pressure on the prices due to accums.

As regards Faugheen, I'm very happy with the 7/4 I got after his seasonal reappearance loss to NC. I thought bookmakers over reacted to the loss big time. Faugheen was as fat as a fool in the parade ring beforehand and I suppose Mullins pre race comments of him destroying NC at the Curragh helped inflate that price further.

We'll probably never ever see Faugheen 7/4 again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTOY is going to pop a few hurdles at Kempton today. That should see a couple of points shift in the betting.

From Henderson's Blog;

My Tent Or Yours and Hargam will work over four hurdles at Kempton this afternoon, in between the two chase races at 2.15pm and 2.50pm.

Barry Geraghty takes the ride on My Tent Or Yours while a certain Sir AP McCoy will be aboard Hargam.

MTOY did about a mile and four hurdles with Hargam at Kempton. You couldn't glean very much from it, other than he has a leg on each corner, jumped them fine, and was eased-past Hargam inside the last furlong (both going within themselves). MTOY will apparently head to the Kingwell a week tomorrow.

Bonus to see Sir AP McCoy riding the work on Hargam.

Last edited:
I hope MTOY bolts up in the KIngwell - it would be nice to think Faugheen will at least have a race rather than a canter round .

The last forfeit stage for Champion Hurdle was 11th February, so seems unlikely it is due to that. No obvious alarming drifters in CH market on Betfair either, so not sure what has caused this.

My mistake.....definitely said 11th February for site I checked......mind you.....I didn't look at the year! :lol:

Champion Hurdle market still suspended on Betfair as is Champion Chase & we're past forfeit stage.

One of our lads in the festival pad woke one morning, logged into Betfair only to see markets suspended.
Having been online after coming back from the pub late the previous night panic began to set in...
" Lads? , did any of ye take notice of me when we got home last night because I would like to know what the F&&K I did when i came in !!!"
Turns out he had £25 on Briar Hill at 28/1 for the Bumper, the jammy so and so !
The memory of it all still gives me a kick, and a warning.

Wincanton at present planning an all hurdle meeting for Saturday as the chase course is unraceable. The hurdle course is soft heavy in places with more rain forecast.

Nicky Henderson this morning warned if it turns up Heavy My Tent Or Yours will not run in the Kingwell.

Kelso tomorrow will stage an inspection for tomorrows Morebattle hurdle where Hargam & Top Notch still hold entries.

Surely Top Notch wouldn't mind a bog? I see he's left him in. Kelso deserve the support they have done well the money has gone up by 50% since Simonsig won the race

Surely Top Notch wouldn't mind a bog? I see he's left him in. Kelso deserve the support they have done well the money has gone up by 50% since Simonsig won the race

He probably wouldn't but a bog 4 weeks out from the festival could potentially bottom him if he had a hard race. Remember Nichols Canyon after Christmas at Leopardstown. Whatever he runs come March, in I'm sure they'll want him in, as his name says, Top Notch for it.

Last edited:
Back