The Well Worn Road To The Champion Hurdle (2016)

That's true. I can't argue against that but NJH will usually do what he thinks is right for the horse. And he's pulled out most of those entries faced with tackling gruelling conditions in the past few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some kick in the stones, a lot of accums gone there.

Annie Power champion hurdle maybe?

Last edited:
That's true. I can't argue against that but NJH will usually do what he thinks is right for the horse. And he's pulled out most of those entries faced with tackling gruelling conditions in the past few weeks.

You could argue with it now :)

AP 2/1 fav champion hurdle now. No wonder they were in such a rush to give her a run.

Annie would need to be supplemented to the Champion..........not that Ricci would have his hat out, looking for the fee.

She is a shocking price at 2/1. I'd fancy Arctic Fire to give her the weight and a beating, tbh.

Last edited:
Unless Nicky Henderson can come up with one of his miracles I think James is right...why would WPM need to reroute anything?

Arctic Fire turned out like he was last year would take the world of beating.

Surely Douvan must be re-routed to the champion hurdle now

no brainer

Would probably win the race but the Arkle is worth 30k more than the Mares but more importantly he is just so damn good over fences it would be like blasphemy to change now.

WPM says it's on the cards to supplement Annie Power according to James but even if they do it doesn't mean they are going to run her.

When you consider the best horse she has ever beat is probably Zarkandar a fit and well MTOY might be way too good for her as might Arctic Fire.

might only be as a precaution against Artic Fire being injured as well.

2/1 is a shockingly bad price IMO

It's not all about Mullins though is it?

Ricci has nothing in the Champion right now (if you ignore Sempre Medici) and IMO they'll send her and she'll hose up.

it has been quoted here before that JP no longer bets ante post due to the amount he lost on Jack of trumps in 79 Gold cup when he knew Gay Spartan was a non runner before the bookies only for JOT to be injured the very same day.
Boyles had Faugheen at 1/3 at 1 o clock today in the local shop.
lots of lads have nice bets the others at fancy prices; all the best to them now.

Back