The Whippersnappers versus The Zimmerframers

Not being a gambler, I don't understand as to how knowing your opponents selection would be of advantage. Could someone please explain.

Not being a gambler, I don't understand as to how knowing your opponents selection would be of advantage. Could someone please explain.

It's all to dow ith replicating 99% of your opponents selections and then taking a position against them with 1%.

Your opponent coudl put in all the hard work over 6 races, just for you to turn up and copy their selections. At the very least you'd guarantee a draw which depending on the match situation might by in your teams advantage.

Alternatively you could study just the one race, or take a £5 bet out on a fav that they've dismissed at short odds, whilst passing up £5 on their longest shot outsider, or what you consider their weakest bet. The balance of probabilities is that you would beat them.

Say you have a handicap and both people select a 25/1 shot for £100. You decide to have £95 on it, and £5 on Sea The Stars. In effect they can now only beat you if this 25/1 shot wins, where as you will beat them if it loses and Sea The Stars wins. With all other bets replicated you've reduced the contest to this simple scenario and they never get a chance to fight back. More times than not the percentages would be on your side

In a straight 'head to head' a winning advantage of £1 would score the same as one of £10,000 (a one - nil victory) so it's not really traditional punting in that regard, (although I will run an individual leader too).

Last edited:
OMG. Can I just apologise for my selections now....

(and im not sure how i ended up in this competition - im sure i said not!) best get off the fence and have a look at tomorrows card...

good luck everyone!!!!

OMG. Can I just apologise for my selections now....

(and im not sure how i ended up in this competition - im sure i said not!) best get off the fence and have a look at tomorrows card...

After your exertions in bet idol Trudi I recon you're considered a bit of a catch

lol - that was heavily reliant on football and an inspired golf pick though !!!

(and "other" services...) !! Im one of the worst tipsters on the planet! ( its completely true - proper racing staff cant tip shit off a shovel!)

I'm confused.com. So do I have £1,000 bank for the week or tomorrow. And I can back as many horses as I like in as many or as few as I want, as long as I spend the £1,000??

lol -(and "other" services...) !! Im one of the worst tipsters on the planet! ( its completely true - proper racing staff cant tip shit off a shovel!)

:lol: I know exactly where your coming from. Sort of a can't see for looking syndrome.:D

I'm confused.com. So do I have £1,000 bank for the week or tomorrow. And I can back as many horses as I like in as many or as few as I want, as long as I spend the £1,000??

Usually it's a grand a day. More importantly though, you're up against me, so you must be younger - and you've owned a Champion Hurdler. I find this depressing.

Tempting though it is to wantonly mislead and then disqualify you Cantoris (in the name of ensuring the Zimmers a win you realise) I do however, feel bound by the laws of decency to report that Euro's synopsis is the one that we will be using.:p

I need to post my selections for tomorrow now (hope this is ok with the powers that be??)..May not be online tomorrow..Zimmers rule:D:D

1.45 €100 e/w Captain Dunne
2.50 €400 Alwaary
4.05 €100 e/w Excellent Guest
4.40 €100 e/w Mull Of Killough

I have to say I'm surprised and intrigued to see some of those lining up for the whippersnappers tommorrow!

We'll only be requiring a vets certificate if they win, and we're looking for ways to disqualify them.

I'm tempted to try and pair winners against winners so far as I can as the week unfolds and see if we are able to crown an undisputed 4 out of 4 matchplay champion at the end. Should help ensure that the chances of some getting a total a wipe out are minimised too.

Is it my imagination or is Trudi's suggestive syntax gaining her a bit of a following on TH these days :whistle:

So I have a grand to bet with each day and can bet on which races I wish and not necessarily all of them - Am I correct so far? If I do not use my full allowance can it be rolled over to the next day?

Back