The Whippersnappers versus The Zimmerframers

:confused: Nope - nowt in my outbox for it - Praps i thought you pm'd me in reply to me sending you my selections last night - I was doing it at the same time - put them on FF at about 10pm as well, and also told Arkwright (on facebook) shortly after !!

:mad:Im going to sulk now (in the manner of an old person!!) I NEVER pick winners!!!!! (mind you - that tradition has continued!! :lol:)

Last edited:
awww, bless - no !!

He just put me off my stride with what he said,obviously. I dont mind really - its not like i signed up to this, nor do I claim to be a tipster!!!! :D

Last edited:
I'm persuaded that there might be some mileage in this Final Furlong soultion (is that the right way round). Let's see how things pan out first, but if you've got a timed entry over there, that should have been over here then I think the balance of reasonableness should weigh on your side. I'm sure the Whippers are reasonable and Corinthean in spirit as they proved yesterday :lol:

But after your considerable efforts in Bet Idol (sexual favours ignored in this case!) you are considered a fine tipster, Troods!

think its a t, not a p Jinnyj ;)

(and Warbs - I dont know that it is any more - Ray moved the thread,and though hes copied it over at 7am today (so still way before the cut off point!) its not timed as last night)

God - lucky this isnt life or death,eigh !!!!

more importantly - if it does become my FF selections, i dont want Orpen grey to win this next race - I dropped him,cos you are only allowed 4 over there!!!

:confused: Nope - nowt in my outbox for it - Praps i thought you pm'd me in reply to me sending you my selections last night - I was doing it at the same time - put them on FF at about 10pm as well, and also told Arkwright (on facebook) shortly after !!

Are there any male members out there? No I'll re-phrase that. Any fellas, who've ever been hectored by a woman about our alleged inferiorities at the hitherto unknown science and exclusive preserve of women called 'multi-tasking'?

If you have? just read Trudi's total denounciation of this theory please :D

Day 2 summary

Cantoris has a lucky 'chip in' at the 17th to pip Jinny, but luckily Diamond Geezer holes a 40 footer at the last to snatch and improbable victory to keep the Zimmers clinging to the coat tails of the apprentices.

Simon becomes the latest Whipper to fail to show up for his tee time, but Arkwright proved to be equally slow out the blocks and reciprocated. Flame finally gets off the mark with his first winner, but it's enough to sneak his leg in a low scoring affair. Gareth loses his 100% record to Toobe who becomes the Zimmers top player, but a special mention for Pricewise whose performance would have been enough to win most games but had to give second best in a high scoring affair. Irish Stamp has a 100% record and has amassed a large personal tally in the process. Trudi's confusion about what she'd posted in which forum for some competition here or there, (or anywhere come to think of it) bares fruit in the end as she still manages to bring the bacon home and lose her virginity to Jairducochet in the process.

The whippersnappers are holding a 13-9 lead at the half way mark, but are increasingly struggling to put a team out.

".............. and lose her virginity to Jairducochet in the process."

Damn, I must have looked away for 20 seconds, can we have a super-slo-mo replay, pretty please?!

It was merely a metaphoric loss Coiln to signify her first scoring contribution. It wasn't some kind of pay per view event (at least not that I'm aware of)

Whippersnappers 13..................The 'fighting' Zimmerframers 9

Irish Stamp..............................The unstoppable Toobe

Cantoris.................................. Captain Pricewise

Triptych*...................................Jinny the judge J

Simon*......................................The Fantastic Euronymous

Steve T*...................................The Mighty Melendez

Gareth.....................................EC1 (the worlds deadliest postcode)

Hamm......................................Warbler (although rumours reach me that a last minute replacement is being lined up to bolster our ranks, if however the cavalry doesn't arrive in time I'll swap positions with Trudi;))

Imagine*...................................Coiln (win machine) Phillips

Flame......................................Diamond (blood & guts) Geezer*

Jair du Cochet Fan.....................The Incredible Arkwright

Bar The Bull..............................Valkyrie Trood

* denotes entry recieved by PM

Apologies for giving the zimmers some 'super-hero' names but I thought we needed something more dynamic to try and scare these whippersnappers, stiffen our sinews, and project an aura of intimidating invincibility (especially as it will be past their bed-time when they read it) - in fact Simon doesn't appear to have got out of his all day. Alright I'm clutching at straws but we'll see if it can change our luck

Now we have also had apologies from Bar the Bull for letting his comrades down and in view of that, it is sadly beholden of me to post a loyal, visible, and high profile appeal to any aspiring whippersnappers below;

anyone fancy a game?

Right now I've got that little bit of admin out the way, on with the battle and may the 2 points that the zimmers have been gifted so far through absent players continue tomorrow

Last edited:
Day 3

bloody hard races by the way :confused:

2.15 £250 win LADY OF THE DESERT
2.50 £250 win MIRRORED
4.05 £250 win TANOURA
4.40 £250 win LA ZAMORA

come on you zimmers

put them on FF at about 10pm as well, and also told Arkwright (on facebook) shortly after !!

Hang about..... I've only just picked up on this. You had engaged Arkwright on facebook, and yet, who was the only member of the Zimmers team today to miss the deadline today ???? What exactly had you done to done to poor Arkers on facebook that left him so drained? :whistle:

Come to think of it, are you in contact with any of the Whippersnappers on facebook? Could you weave your magic or do your stuff on them?

Back