The Will Win Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well maybe you would have more members if he wasn't such a tit.
He targets new members for no reason at all

No he's had a go at you and Our Rita for being blatant trolls. Hardly for no reason at all. There isn't anyone, including new members who can't see you both for what you are.

Posts like your last one saying you only hang around to annoy people, and from Our Rita telling us that he won 64k in 1994, are just the most recent examples of the flat zero you bring to the forum. If you disagree why don't you point to the post where you made a positive contribution.

Have you ever considered how pathetic it is that you and the other one go out of your way to waste your time like that. For gods sake get a life, because if stuff like this is on your priority list you've got far too much time on your calloused right hand.

Last edited:
I'm sorry you think that Maruco.
But I have to disagree, I've been put on the back foot ever since I joined this forum, Just because Slim thinks I'm someone else.
Much of the abuse that has been thrown at me has been edited out, just like most of the posts that slim posted last night, you come on in the morning and they have been removed.

I read a post the other week where Slim was actually inviting a long standing member to come and see him, if he wanted to sort out a problem.

That post was removed as well.

Only discovered this site about a year ago and I find it excellent for informed opinions . Irish Stamp, gigilo,Slim , Swedish chief etc etc...I will never have the knowledge of these people but am very appreciative of their thoughts , please include me in a whats app if possible...I find life is too short for bickering so hopefully some here might let it go and be thankful that we manage a few winners .

I'm sorry you think that Maruco.
But I have to disagree, I've been put on the back foot ever since I joined this forum, Just because Slim thinks I'm someone else.
Much of the abuse that has been thrown at me has been edited out, just like most of the posts that slim posted last night, you come on in the morning and they have been removed.

I read a post the other week where Slim was actually inviting a long standing member to come and see him, if he wanted to sort out a problem.

That post was removed as well.

Gerry - you are a troll/parasite - move on.

first big thanks to slim for putting up the tips second leave the guy alone no negative crap win or lose end of

Gerry - being honest, it was similar for me when I first joined, I wasn't aware that the Daily Picks thread was Gigilo's own and put what I was backing on there. Andy thought I was trolling him and that he knew me from another forum.

Rather than cause an argument and enter into a debate on the thread I PM's Gig and explained I was a newby, didn't realise it was his thread and I was a genuine guesser and had joined the forum to try and improve my knowledge and understand more about the game. I then stopped posting on his thread other than to say thanks for the tips and moved on. Putting my horrific bets up on the what am I backing today thread.

Not every horse on the will win thread will actually win, there are too many variables and forumites should bet accordingly and only what they afford. You and our rita get people's backs up by having a go at long standing members and reacting to things when you don't know their personalities and what may be being said with some jest. Our Rita has posted up something like 11 horses on this will win thread and has had 0 winners. It is no wonder people think him a troll. I also note you two have a conversation so it wouldn't surprise me if you were the same person or perhaps this is another EC1 reincarnation?

My advice would be leave it alone, get off his thread and if you want to contribute then there are plenty of other threads to do so. If you can add value, do it, we would all appreciate it, if you can't then just simply thank people and move on.

Life is too short.

Personally, I`m not over-keen on a Whats-App group. There`s a chance it will have an adverse impact on the forum, generally, with a select few preferring the app to the forum for some of their thoughts and views. Also, could play into the hands of those who think the forum can be a bit cliqueish, at times.

Newbies who seem intent to aggravate aren't worth having around a forum.

One of the things I like about the forum, is that the members who drive it don't care about the membership numbers. Other forums where that's the focus end up in a mess.

What Gerry (and others (or perhaps not)) are doing, while pretending to be a fresh-off-the-boat newbie, is a blast from the late nineties internet.

Please don't remove this thread from the forum, the only winners I ever get are on here!

Personally, I`m not over-keen on a Whats-App group. There`s a chance it will have an adverse impact on the forum, generally, with a select few preferring the app to the forum for some of their thoughts and views. Also, could play into the hands of those who think the forum can be a bit cliqueish, at times.

That would be my worry and why I've not done it already but we do live in an age where people expect their phone instatenous information.

Newbies who seem intent to aggravate aren't worth having around a forum.

One of the things I like about the forum, is that the members who drive it don't care about the membership numbers. Other forums where that's the focus end up in a mess.

What Gerry (and others (or perhaps not)) are doing, while pretending to be a fresh-off-the-boat newbie, is a blast from the late nineties internet.

Correct on all points. I want to put up winners for the people who had the misfortune to endure my bullshit for the last seventeen years on this forum in all its guises. I don't care about growing the base that will happen organically if the forum is good enough. Other racing forums, on in particular, pretend to be something but have zero substance.

Last edited:
My PM box is full of people asking for the return of this thread. I'll admit I took most of my stuff offline for various reasons but there is no reason I can't throw the inferiors on here the odd crumb.

Rules

• Post Winners that are absolute max bet material
  • No Drifters
  • No Opinions
  • No Guessing
  • If you're told to get off my ******* thread, get off my ******* thread

New Rule

• Anyone with less than 50 quality posts will not be interacted with on this thread by SlimChance
  • Don't feed the trolls - that's YOU SlimChance

Last edited:
I feel a whatsapp group would be a good idea as long as the only posts in the group were of horses, with all other comments posted on this thread. A group would also mean more people are able to get the tip in enough time to bet, you're more likely to notice a text message on your phone than an notification e.mail (obviously depending on your phone settings)

I feel a whatsapp group would be a good idea as long as the only posts in the group were of horses, with all other comments posted on this thread. A group would also mean more people are able to get the tip in enough time to bet, you're more likely to notice a text message on your phone than an notification e.mail (obviously depending on your phone settings)

It's to help long standing members who have always followed the thread and new members will still see the posts on here.

Above all, seeing this thread jump to the top of the pile should mean it needs immediate attention.

At present it's inevitably drivel of one kind or another which devalues it considerably. It's a sorry state of affairs really considering the tips have been as good as ever. Slim's rules need to be strictly adhered to so that's it's only populated by winners and the worshiping that follows.

Anything else should really be deleted by admin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Above all, seeing this thread jump to the top of the pile should mean it needs immediate attention.

At present it's inevitably drivel of one kind or another which devalues it considerably. It's a sorry state of affairs really considering the tips have been as good as ever. Slim's rules need to be strictly adhered to so that's it's only populated by winners and the worshiping that follows.

Anything else should really be deleted by admin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't do that. Someone posted and put me in the same category as SlimChance, Irish Stamp & gigolo as a tipster - even if they did call me swedish chief :eek:

Actually, swedish chief has a nice ring to it :cool:

You can't do that. Someone posted and put me in the same category as SlimChance, Irish Stamp & gigolo as a tipster - even if they did call me swedish chief :eek:

Actually, swedish chief has a nice ring to it :cool:

Please DM me your number and username if you want to be in the Whstsapp group. No one under 100 posts will be considered.

I will be no longer posting on this forum, I've a pain in my bollocks being trolled everyday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back