The 'Will Win' Thread (Copy)

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
I beg to differ. The horse won. The title of the thread is.......

You can only judge someone on their record. Ricko has a 100% record. He had the stones to put his neck out there and has been rewarded handsomely as have others who followed him in.

I beg to differ. The horse won. The title of the thread is.......

You can only judge someone on their record. Ricko has a 100% record. He had the stones to put his neck out there and has been rewarded handsomely as have others who followed him in.

I happy for you all to laud praise on someone for replicating a spam tipster selection. If this is the type of stuff you guys go for than good luck with your punting but I'd rather play with the sharp lads.

No mention of the operation elsewhere.

There wasn't any spam in sight either. Ricko cooked a rib eye fillet to perfection.

I happy for you all to laud praise on someone for replicating a spam tipster selection. If this is the type of stuff you guys go for than good luck with your punting but I'd rather play with the sharp lads.

Slim, I have respect for you and the info you have put on this thread, it would be nice if you could afford me the same respect. I haven't replicated anything from anyone I have passed on genuine information which I received this morning from a good friend of mine who has contacts in a few stables. Charlie Mann, Bryan Smart and Andrew Balding mainly, a few others now and again. I've never posted any on this thread before as I was waiting for one that they really did fancy strongly at a nice price. The horse then won doing handstands...not sure I can do any more than that.

The fact that the information was sent out by a tipping service this morning means nothing to me. It seems to me they sent out a free selection which won, I'm sure plenty of people that have paid for dross information in the past would have been delighted with that. There are a few good services out there you know, it seems they had been given similar information.

Charlie Mann came on ATR after the race and basically informed everyone that the horse had an operation on his back recently and that they had fancied him strongly to win. I could be wrong but I'm not sure that information was in the public domain before the race. So it's pretty hard to argue the info was spot on.

"So we're happy to ignore the email I reproduced on the basis that the horse won?"

I wasn't at first and did face palm myself, granted, but Ricko mentioned an operation, the junk mail didn't. I drew the conclusion it was a coincidence. The junk mailers may have had a little bit of info (as in the horse was working well etc), but the operation would surely have been mentioned if they knew as much as Ricko.

I backed the horse and would like to thank Ricko.

But...

The wording of his post and the spam email are too similar not to have come from the same source.

I thought it was just me there for a second.

But the source was the trainer. I give up. No worries i won't post on here again.

Just a point. At least I put sound reasoning for the selection, rather than just post the name of the horse like most people have done on this thread.

Be cynical all you like, but if you look i've been a member of this forum for many years and have only ever posted genuine thoughts and opinions of my own.

Just a point. At least I put sound reasoning for the selection, rather than just post the name of the horse like most people have done on this thread.

For transparency I'm obliged to point out that you originally just posted the name of the selection.

They were very similar, I agree. Ricko's was more convincing though and thats my point. Might be worth keeping an eye on the spammers, to see how they fare with Mann runners.

For transparency I'm obliged to point out that you originally just posted the name of the selection.

I did, as that's what everyone seems to do on the thread. You asked me to expand so I did. As I say, it's cool that you're cynical it's really no skin off my nose. At the end of the day the horse won and the information proved to be spot on, and was highlighted by the trainer after the race. I really don't see how anyone can complain at genuine information being passed on that turned out to be profitable, regardless of the source (or what you perceive to be the source)...maybe that's just me.

I wouldn't want to put off anyone from posting Ricko, especially when they put up 6-1 winners.

However, you have to admit your post and the email are extremely similar, for example the reference to jumping round.

Perhaps your source received that email, summarised it and sent to you as info?

I wouldn't want to put off anyone from posting Ricko, especially when they put up 6-1 winners.

However, you have to admit your post and the email are extremely similar, for example the reference to jumping round.

Perhaps your source received that email, summarised it and sent to you as info?

Sounds highly plausible.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't get his information from a general website, he's been in the game for 40+ years.

Honestly, has anyone every had quite such a grilling after posting a 6/1, 10 length winner? I'm sorry I bothered now.

I'll shuffle off.

In his 40+ years, has he ever ran any tipping services? I would say it was more likely the other way round - he also provided the info to the tipping service.

In his 40+ years, has he ever ran any tipping services? I would say it was more likely the other way round - he also provided the info to the tipping service.

No he hasn't, but yes it is of course plausible that the information found it's way to the tipping service that way, they've obviously got it from somewhere and i'm not naive enough to think I'm the only person he passed it on to.

Again, I don't see the issue though. The info was genuine, i'm still at a loss to work out why it matters who sent it to whom.

Oh well.

No he hasn't, but yes it is of course plausible that the information found it's way to the tipping service that way, they've obviously got it from somewhere and i'm not naive enough to think I'm the only person he passed it on to.

Again, I don't see the issue though. The info was genuine, i'm still at a loss to work out why it matters who sent it to whom.

Oh well.

It's purely quality control. I genuinely want people to be in a profit from this thread. This was indeed a good shout and it had the profile of a horse I want to back with the nod (I did back it after reading your reasoning) but you have to forgive me my cynicism when I saw the wording of the email.

I apologise for the hostility and thanks for the winner.

Back