The 'Will Win' Thread (Copy)

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Winter Olympics
Men's Ice Hockey

Sweden 9/2
E/W 1/2 1-2 Boylesports

This is the most excited I've been about a bet this year. This is just completely priced wrong. Olympic ice hockey is played on Olypmpic sized rinks. This will not suit the Canadians or any NHL player. Sweden will walk to the final and should be EVS to do so.

Anyone who can get on should

Relkeel/Men can take the 5/1 win only with Bet365

Finland look like putting out Russia. Sweden awaits the winner in the semi final.

You must be enjoying these Olympics more than the people actually there:lol:

Its so hard for bookmakers, they do a fair job of pricing it but there are always opportunities. My favourite bet ever is taking 10/11 about the Chinese swimmer for her second gold medal two years ago. She went off 1/12 :lol:

I was unable to get involved in the Sweden bet the other day while in Spain but reckoned if they were deemed value at 9/2 before the competition they are arguably even better value now at 11/4 so have taken that.

I perceived the value was with 1/2 the odds a place at 9/2.

Anyway, just Finland to go tomorrow for a locked in profit, then we enter the land of milk and honey. :)

Cracking bet, Slim.

You know me, CPG. I don't bet each-way at short odds. I'd rather believe Sweden can take care of Finland and have the opportunity to take a profit before the final starts.

Thanks.

I also backed today:

Winter Olympics
Women's Figure Skating
Gracie Gold 25/1 (Ladbrokes 1/4 odds 1,2,3)

She's 7/2 to place. Real good value with Lads e/w.

Just looking at his market again now Slim. Gracie Gold's place chances seem gone.

Still a bit of 1.49 available for the Korean to win Gold.

Has to be nailed on surely?

Just looking at his market again now Slim. Gracie Gold's place chances seem gone.

No interest. I just took a flyer with Gracie.

She's still around 8/1 to place and as I'm on 25/1 (6.25/1 to place) hope spring eternal! It was a market that was rife for a bet especially given the 2nd and third favs have underperformed. I did look at Kostner e/w at 14/1 who was 5/2 to place on the machine but it looked marginal enough.

You could put him in an e/w double with:

Speed Skating Men Olympics 2014
USA 5/1 (1/3 odds 1,2) with Ladbrokes

OLYMPIC SNOWBOARDING
WOMENS PARALLEL SLALOM WINNER

Patrizia Kummer (9/4 888.com or 2/1 William Hill)

4th for Gracie. Still think it was a good bet. The top 3 were sensational and Grace slipped on landing. She was no 6.25 chance to place.

4th for Gracie. Still think it was a good bet. The top 3 were sensational and Grace slipped on landing. She was no 6.25 chance to place.

You haven't seen us wrong yet in these Olympics Slim.. Thankfully I listened to you and didn't touch Kim. The Russian chick blew them away in the free program.

Couldn't get on Patrizia Kummer at 2/1 either. WH price not available.

Back