The 'Will Win' Thread (Copy)

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Thanks for passing it on DG but apart from having a huge problem explaining the improvement in form this time, he's a top of the ground horse.

He was the subject of a huge gamble at Newton Abbot and they pulled Jonjo in and he said it was the drop in class

Can't think of a good excuse for him today but can think of a good one when he gets fast ground.
Apart from that you simply don't ask Jonjo when it comes to anything trained by JP and he wouldn't even tell his staff
Someone is guessing IMO
I'll sit on the fence and wait until the money pours in but I think I could be here for at least another month :lol:

thats a brilliantly named horse for you Slim:D

I'd love to know what you make of the 8.35 Dundalk. Tubeanie is the kind of horse that gets underrated in these races because its had 13 runs and not as sexy as the others. Its a horrendous maiden and a 58 horse improving slightly might well be good enough. How do you approach these races?

Last edited:
I'd love to know what you make of the 8.35 Dundalk. Tubeanie is the kind of horse that gets underrated in these races because its had 13 runs and not as sexy as the others. Its a horrendous maiden and a 58 horse improving slightly might well be good enough. How do you approach these races?

I tend to swerve them most of the time Slim tbh. Tubeanie looks a lot better than 58 based on its runs over the water..RPR is actually 73....but this is a big step up in trip to nearly 11f..down that long straight ...i don't see it winning even though its the best horse in the race..fav will beat it just through staying better..poor race it is

Last edited:
Joking aside I think you will like this from a form angle. Nothing hidden in this one.

Up 5lbs for finishing 2nd from a carpark draw last week, but with a plum draw tonight and a 7lb Claimer on board....
I'm not a flat man really, but being from Dundalk I do tend to see a fair bit of the racing here and I never heard of the claimer before - David Simmonson - but I believe he has only ever had a handful of rides. Do you know anything about him Slim, or is your angle more market related? Cheers.

Joking aside I think you will like this from a form angle. Nothing hidden in this one.

It looks to me like it always runs well when top weight or above 9-9..for a start

When it runs at 8f..its then put back to 7 to win..in fact the 8f trick has been interesting

1 nov 13..8f
13 nov 13.. 8f
15 nov 7f win 9/4

turned out quickly there

19 jun 14..8f
29 jun 14..7f won 10/1

10 days back23 Jan 15...8f
20 Feb 15..7f..just beat at 7/1

nearly a month off there and just beat..ran wide too.quick turn out tonight

Wayne Lordan rides another one in the race..claimer on tonight to remove the weight above 73 they know they can win off

Last edited:
Up 5lbs for finishing 2nd from a carpark draw last week, but with a plum draw tonight and a 7lb Claimer on board....
I'm not a flat man really, but being from Dundalk I do tend to see a fair bit of the racing here and I never heard of the claimer before - David Simmonson - but I believe he has only ever had a handful of rides. Do you know anything about him Slim, or is your angle more market related? Cheers.

I know nothing about him. I get the apprentice to follow report closer to the season starting. This looks a bit of a good thing tonight. Probably an 11/4 shot. Delighted with a bit of 7/1.

I tend to swerve them most of the time Slim tbh. Tubeanie looks a lot better than 58 based on its runs over the water..RPR is actually 73....but this is a big step up in trip to nearly 11f..down that long straight ...i don't see it winning even though its the best horse in the race..fav will beat it just through staying better..poor race it is

To me this is the race of the day but I'm a sicko. A compiler I know put it in 8/1!

"It's 58, looks like Cullen running it in Maiden over stepped up trip to knock a few more lbs off then go for handicap over 7f"

I make it 9/4. It's a game of opinions!

Slim, can you check if your phone is ok....because the text you sent me when it was 7s hasnt fcuking seemed to come through.....

Also, the plot has thickened on the 5.25. A forumite who shall remain nameless unless this loses has told me that Sassanova is the one.

Im educating the future, making sure they end up degenerate gamblers, thus keeping you in gainful employment. Your welcome by the way....

That was fun..Backed Sassanova decided to have a bit more than a fiver on it backed Jonjo's by mistake laid it back immediately then after 2 hurdle thought Sassanova wins nothing got out ofthat Spotted the winner cantering behind them a mile from home and stuck 2 quid on it at 9.2.......should be ashamed of myself :) 2 fookin quid

Just in case : smart.jpg

Jonjo's has run a very good prep race and you can bet someone has put someone away........the old I'm not backing that it was gambled last time trick.

Might even be dropped a couple of pounds :0) Good ground they'll clean up with him in some moderate race

Last edited:
Back