Today's Fancy

sorry Steve..just read my post back..looks like i shit on your selection..didn't mean it to come across like that

you can have a laugh tomorrow when yours wins:D

No good if we all felt the same, it'd ruin the price!

I wouldn't have picked a 5f race at Lingfield as it's next target after the last run either, but having caught the eye last time things have been complicated by my perhaps overestimation of the jockey merrygoround in the race. I've convinced myself that Papageno won't win and can't have Riggs or BB, I'll probably play a forecast with Clear Praise as he could definitely try to make all from the 2 box and if Leahness does anything tomorrow it's likely to come at the end part of the race.

Current Betfair price puts CP at 11/4 second best, Leaness 9/2, Pap being the 11/10 fav. Only beans traded / available though.

Now that's a contribution , Young Man!;)

Wasn't sure it was pithy enough, myself! ;)

Last edited:
Not a bad card at Thurles today.

The listed chase has a very peculiar look to it. Can't really fancy any of the main four (maybe a slight preference for Follow the Plan). Intersted to hear the thoughts of others on it.

The opener looks booked for Bob Lingo.

Any other thoughts?

The Thurles Chase is impossible. I like Rare Bob but it is pure guess work and 11/4 about a race that could easily be priced 7/2 the field is not for me. I do think we can get War Painter turned over (Ling 12.45). He won a crap maiden first time out at Kempton and is very short at 11/10.

Not a bad card at Thurles today.

The listed chase has a very peculiar look to it. Can't really fancy any of the main four (maybe a slight preference for Follow the Plan). Intersted to hear the thoughts of others on it.

The opener looks booked for Bob Lingo.

Any other thoughts?

Think Bob Lingo will be beat - very skiny at 6/4 for me - Thurles has to be like a bog with all the rain we've had in Munster in the last ten days - Notre Pere would carry those in the 2m6f chase if he was 90%

Thurles is Irelands premier all weather track. When Noah set sail in his Ark the going was soft, heavy in places.

Notre Pere needs every yard of 25 miles. No doubt something like Follow The Plan will be 25l clear of him jumping 3 out.

nice write up steveT, if only there was more like you !!!!

if i was picking leahness next race, after staying on at bath, surely a 7f race would be the target and not a 5f ??

it sure will be a nice race to watch now, to see how it pans out.

is it a betfair back at halfway when push comes to shove.

or will he be pushed from the start. :whistle:

Disappointed he couldn't get up and land the forecast but the way the race was run was pretty much as expected, well done EC.

Did anyone notice Magen's Star today at 9/4 - absolutely hosed up by 18 lenghts pulling up!!! By Galileo out of a Darshan mare was rated 97 on the flat - best when fresh loves the soft - how in the name of f**k did I miss that - concentrating on the trash from Lingfield and jockeys championship!!!!!!!

How dare you talk about Lingfield like that? Off with his head!

Well done, EC1 - CLEAR PRAISE just mullered them. That was a helluva finishing pace.

Cheers :)

In the November handicap I'm backing Simenon ..this one could be well in and this trip will suit better than his handicap debut last time..nice bit of form hiding been going on here I reckon

Tweedy on the 7:30 at Dundalk tonight. Was fancied to follow up the last day but got a desperate draw and never got into it. Was impressive the time before - race has worked out well - much better draw tonight in an easier race 5/1 is value in my book

Tweedy on the 7:30 at Dundalk tonight. Was fancied to follow up the last day but got a desperate draw and never got into it. Was impressive the time before - race has worked out well - much better draw tonight in an easier race 5/1 is value in my book

been looking at Dotada in this..shoved over 8f last twice after just touched off over 7

will dutch thine and mine I reckon :)

who needs the breeders bloody cup?..nice call

Very nice. I will say The Prendergast went wrong in the race but I think we would have won with the draw and tactics anyway.

Back