Today's Fancy

thanks

it took me about 2 minutes to come up with that decision..just had a quick glance after me dinner..and yet when I spend 30 minutes it looks harder by the minute

there must be a lesson there :)

Don't mind me. I love these sort of races and obvioulsy had it between the first two home. 9 times out of 10 I go for the each way option but this time when I could get 6/4 I snapped it up. I was in full chase mode after For Bill etc today. It's a pity I did not see this before the race because it might have swayed.

Well done anyway :)

Last edited:
Becausewecan looks to me like a horse in desperate need of a break. I'd like to see him put away and brought back in the spring. Think he's a horse they could do some damage with given how far he's dropped down the weights.

If I could'nt get out of bed today to get 7/2 For Bill chances are...

They fancied that today the Kanturk crew! They are dissappointed. I fancy one tomorrow in the listed race Alsalwa - she's wrong by up to 8 lbs which has to be a huge concern but I loved her attitude the last three times she has run (last twice here) and is coming here in the best form of her life and is definitely on an upward curve. The form of her last two is absolutely rock solid and McDonogh was cooing about her when he got off her last time. Trip seems perfect drawn very well - needs to be reasonably prominent but still has plenty of boot - finished close up over six 2nd last run and saw out the seven very well last time. I am hoping for 10/1 in the am and will back her EW and the bigger the price the bigger the bet. Your views would be greatly appreciated G - you probably think Im mad!!

Your views on the horse are pretty much in line with my own. She is entitled to have a crack at a listed race and just might fall short. I'm told she is fit and well and improving. I always love the way she travels and if you can get 10/1 get involved.

Your views on the horse are pretty much in line with my own. She is entitled to have a crack at a listed race and just might fall short. I'm told she is fit and well and improving. I always love the way she travels and if you can get 10/1 get involved.

Appreciate that G! What do you make of the maiden - I saw President Lincoln the last day - a flashy speedy type / not overly big - was very much on his toes maybe a little over excited in the parade ring - mullish going into stalls and given a very kind ride to finish fourth considering how badly he handled the prelims. Marked him down as a certain winner next time out even though the winner was only rated 77 - didn't think he would face Flic Flac and Sportsmaster in his next maiden though - I like him but this is a very decent maiden for Dundalk - betfair had just started trading on the race and he is 2.7 fav for buttons - the tissue of 4/1 would have him overpriced IMO ?????

I'll probably have a good look tomorrow when the markets are formed. I do like Friday nights with Dundalk. What price will they put Chasing Angels in at!! Intyre Trail gone up 5lbs, down in trip and drawn wide. He is the kind of horse I want to bet against.

I saw President Lincoln the last day - a flashy speedy type / not overly big - was very much on his toes maybe a little over excited in the parade ring - mullish going into stalls and given a very kind ride to finish fourth considering how badly he handled the prelims. Marked him down as a certain winner next time out even though the winner was only rated 77 - didn't think he would face Flic Flac and Sportsmaster in his next maiden though - I like him but this is a very decent maiden for Dundalk - betfair had just started trading on the race and he is 2.7 fav for buttons - the tissue of 4/1 would have him overpriced IMO ?????

I did not spot he was declared - cheers for that. It does look like a very decent maiden but PL has the makings of a very decent horse. Loved his introduction and what O'Donoghue was doing with the horse even crossing the line.

I'll probably have a good look tomorrow when the markets are formed. I do like Friday nights with Dundalk. What price will they put Chasing Angels in at!! Intyre Trail gone up 5lbs, down in trip and drawn wide. He is the kind of horse I want to bet against.

Intyre Trail has won his race this year - I am not a layer - but if I was.....

Agree with Gearoid - Friday evenings at Dundalk are what racing is all about IMO :)

OTB think you're on a live one in Alsalwa - wouldn't need to improve much to take a race like this particularly with the British raiders out of the race and the O'Brien filly being a disappointment in the main this season.

They fancied that today the Kanturk crew! They are dissappointed. I fancy one tomorrow in the listed race Alsalwa - she's wrong by up to 8 lbs which has to be a huge concern but I loved her attitude the last three times she has run (last twice here) and is coming here in the best form of her life and is definitely on an upward curve. The form of her last two is absolutely rock solid and McDonogh was cooing about her when he got off her last time. Trip seems perfect drawn very well - needs to be reasonably prominent but still has plenty of boot - finished close up over six 2nd last run and saw out the seven very well last time. I am hoping for 10/1 in the am and will back her EW and the bigger the price the bigger the bet. Your views would be greatly appreciated G - you probably think Im mad!!

Spotted her myself and I'd also be interested in the third from her race; Plum Sugar who will probably improve from that given she had been off for a year. 14/1 would be a backable price.

A lot of form from that race represented and it's strong enough form to take a hand on my Beyer figs. Anam Chara won't be able to dictate from her high draw tonight so I'd put a line through her and reaching for the blinkers with Indiana Gal hardly inspires confidence.

I'd be keen to take the O'Brien pair on though here, both falsely priced in the tissues due to connections.

One horse that has caught my eye is running tonight at Dundalk in the last. Great Endeavour. Anyone that is bothered might take a look at his last run at Leopardstown. He was fancied to run well, i had a nice ew bet at 16s i think, and despite not getting the best of runs was coming there with a nice run a furlong or so out and got stopped again, and was left to come home in his own time then. If the horse acts on the all weather then it might have a squeek, im at work so wont be able to see any prices if anyone wishes to oblige, im hoping it will be a nice ew price. If it is i may be tempted out of my sabatical for a ew bet, and maybe an ew double with OTBs.

One horse that has caught my eye is running tonight at Dundalk in the last. Great Endeavour. Anyone that is bothered might take a look at his last run at Leopardstown. He was fancied to run well, i had a nice ew bet at 16s i think, and despite not getting the best of runs was coming there with a nice run a furlong or so out and got stopped again, and was left to come home in his own time then. If the horse acts on the all weather then it might have a squeek, im at work so wont be able to see any prices if anyone wishes to oblige, im hoping it will be a nice ew price. If it is i may be tempted out of my sabatical for a ew bet, and maybe an ew double with OTBs.

I know Dundalk and Cheltenham are easily confused. Great Endeavour runs in the PP tomorrow, does he not?

Back